3│BRIEFCASE BLUNDERS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏғ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs & ᴍᴇɴ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙʀɪᴇғᴄᴀsᴇ ʙʟᴜɴᴅᴇʀs ꒱

❝ I WOULDN'T HAVE
NECESSARILY USED THAT
LANGUAGE BUT I AGREE 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Unlike London's subterranean Ministry of Magic, most of America's magical government was located above ground in a tall, white building. Lyra looked around the unfamiliar territory apprehensively, uncertain if they could trust the American witch or their new surroundings. She supposed their now-busy environment was better than an abandoned alleyway but she wasn't about to thank the short-haired woman for bringing them here.

Irritably, the Asian woman shook off their prosecutor's firm grip on her arm. "I can walk by myself, thanks."

"Don't stray," the witch told her reproachfully in response as she continued to guide them up a set of wide, ornate stairs to the larger atrium area.

The brunette rolled her eyes and chose not to respond, favoring instead to take in the extravagant gold gilding that seemed to flash from every high point of the room. Since she was used to magic, she wasn't too impressed by the floating conveyors, whirling clocks or the seemingly endless reach of the— quite literal— skyscraper. Lyra grimaced sympathetically at the poor House-elf that was forced to serve snobby government employees as he cleaned their wands dutifully. The sight had caught Newt's attention as well and she could practically read his thoughts from the concerned look he gave the interaction.

They approached one of the many lifts and the woman paused at the sight of a long-nosed goblin who greeted her: "hey, Goldstein."

"Hey, Red," she replied brusquely before she pushed her two British captives into the elevator. "Major Investigation Department."

"I thought you was. . ."

"Major Investigation Department!" she cut him off. "I got a Section 3A."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

". . . this could mean exposure. It could mean war." A woman's authoritative voice was speaking when the trio entered the room. As they came out of the shadows, she turned to them with a curt expression on her face. "I made your position here quite clear, Miss Goldstein."

The woman— Goldstein— tried to protest, "yes, Madam President, but I. . ."

"You are no longer an Auror."

"No, Madam President, but. . ."

"Goldstein."

"There's been a minor incident. . ."

"Well, this office is currently concerned with very major incidents. Get out."

"Yes ma'am."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"You no longer have any authority?" Lyra exclaimed indignantly as they went hurtling downward in the lift. "On what grounds do you have the ability to keep us here, then?"

"You still caused a scene at a No-Maj bank, you cast spells in the presence of a No-Maj and then let the same No-Maj get away with his memory intact," Goldstein reminded her sharply. "I think I have every right to keep you here until someone can take care of the mess you caused."

"Well, if you let us go then maybe we could fix it ourselves! You never even gave us a chance—"

"Ly."