chapter twenty-four

Indigo walked into the hospital, and she spoke to the nurses who were usually there. They smiled at her, letting her walk past them. Indigo has been in the hospital every day since she realized what happened. She wanted him to know she was there for him; even if he wasn't woke to see her, she knew he felt her.

"Hey, baby." Sevyn smiled, seeing her making her push her head back in shock before she ran to him. 

"Why didn't nobody tell me you were woke?" She asked, wiping the tears that came to her eyes.

"Once my father told me you been there to visit me every day, I wanted to surprise you."

"I'm so happy." She smiled. "Can I hug you?" 

"Of course baby." He smiled as she ran into his arms, he grunted a little but engulfed all of her. 

"Are you okay? What did they say? Do you remember what happened to you?"

"I just know I got shot, I don't remember what happened. They said I'm fine, they're just monitoring my wounds and if nothing is wrong I'll be going home in the next few days."

"You feel fine, though? Enough to go home?"

"I feel fine enough to play in the damn championship I worked hard as hell for."

"I don't think you should, you got shot in your neck."

"I know man, they not going to let me play." He shook his head. "Where are you going? Come lay down."

"Sevyn-"

"I know I'm not your boyfriend and I fucked up. I remember that but I thought I needed sex, I just didn't think I needed you but I do Indi. I need you more than I need anybody and I want you to forgive me. Not just cause I got shot either."

"How about before we have that official conversation, you get better."

"Are you still going to go to prom with me?"

"Of course!" Indigo said real fast making him chuckle. "Flaire already measured me and everything, if I wasn't going with you I was going with another."

"Yeah aight, you wasn't going with no fucking body but me my nigga."

"We'll let you think that," Indigo smirked making them chuckle. "Just don't ever scare me like this again."

"I wish I could remember what happen, they killed my fucking brother yo." Sevyn spoke getting emotional as she wiped away his tears. "I know he probably saved my life by ending his but motherfuckers better hope I don't get my memory back."

"Don't try to force your memory back either, just let it flow. Anything could trigger it. Your mom been holding strong but that's just in front of me, how have they been with you?"

"When they told me my father was a mess but she was just speaking as if it wasn't shit. Like she ain't feel shit."

"When my mom died, I was stuck," Indigo remembered going back to the day that's forever embedded in her mind. "We were all on our way home when we saw the majority of the block blocked off. The neighbors were being nosy so we wanted to also, we asked Mr.Armanious why everybody was being nosy and he just looked at us so sad like he didn't want to tell us at all."

"Y'all found out about y'all mom from a stranger?" Sevyn asked shocked since she had never talked about her mom. 

"No, he didn't want to tell us. Genesis pulled us from the crowd and she couldn't even get the words out Devon had to tell us through his tears. I remember Flaire trying to run into the house fighting the police about to get arrested, Haven on the ground damn near screaming, while Genesis throwing up on the street. I was just standing there, no movement."