forty-seven.

the beginning of a new era

~~~~~

A solid punch landed across Klaus' face, causing his head to snap to the side. He chuckled as he looked back to face the man across from him.

Bucky had cocked his head to the side, his steely blue eyes staring at the hybrid—and if looks could kill Klaus would be six feet under. The super soldier brought his hand back down to his side, not bothering to react to the slight sting the collision had caused him.

"That was for sleeping with my sister."

Klaus gave the man a tight-lipped smile and nodded, seemingly accepting the blow he had received.

"Hey, man," Sam interjected, not wanting Bucky to get killed by the man, "maybe you shouldn't—"

Bucky punched Klaus again. This time with more force behind it, causing Klaus' head to tilt back as he slightly stumbled. His hand flew up to his nose, popping the bone back into place before wiping away the blood that now leaked from it.

The Original recovered quickly and grinned at Bucky.

Bucky flashed him a forced yet sarcastic smile.

"What the bloody hell was that for?" Klaus exclaimed, wiping away more blood with the back of his sleeve.

Bucky shrugged, "That was because I felt like it."

"You have her temper," Rebekah commented as she cracked a grin at the scene that had happened before her. It reminded the blonde an awful lot about what had happened during prank night when she had first seen Elliot. Just like back then, her brother was facing the wrath of a Barnes sibling.

Rebekah quite enjoyed it.

Bucky glanced at the female vampire. "Other way around, doll," He gave his sister's friend a smile. "She has mine," He then looked back at Klaus.

"Can we talk civilly or are you going to punch me again?" Klaus remarked, his tone laced with sarcasm.

"Don't tempt me," Bucky retorted, ignoring the fact that the man actually didn't want an answer to the question he had asked.

"Heh," Klaus grinned, mockingly, taking the snatching the bottle back from his sister, ignoring her pointed look, and then drinking straight from the bottle. "Looks like you got yourself a partner," He mused when he brought the bottle back down.

Bucky gave him another forced smile.

Across the Mystic Grill, sat an awestruck group of individuals, all of which were wondering why Klaus Mikaelson, the man that had been terrorizing them, let some unfamiliar man they had never seen hit him.