✹thirty six✹

╣gods even her name was beautiful╠

Tyros did not like the desert. He preferred the glistening coast and the salty air. His mother had said that it reminded her of home. Of Casterly Rock. His birthright. Aryen did not mind the dry heat one bit. His younger brother also enjoyed being outside and preferred a sword to a book. Tyros scoffed at the thought. Most of his childhood had been spent inside a library, gathering knowledge which could serve him just as Aryen's sword and strength.

His mother didn't seem to mind the heat nor the sun which beat down on them. Even though she burned in the light while the twins only tanned. Rhena figured that it was the Lannister in them, refusing to show any flaws or weaknesses. Tyros found it ironic that their mother, the pure blooded Targaryen, was burnt by the sun and not by fire.

Tyros nearly shed a tear when Astapor came into view. Palm trees lined the city and glistening bays could be seen past the gates. The huge stone doors were opened and the sound of the city reached his ears, ringing with laughter and prosperous trade.

Ned sensed his relief and placed a happy hand on the young man's shoulder. He too did not fare well under the desert sun as he had spent most of his life in the cold of the North. "I can't wait to bathe." The boy's voice held great longing and Ned chuckled.

"I can only assume that your wish shall be granted." The two shared a smile and looked to where Rhena and Callan were already racing to the gates on their mounts, Aryen at their heels.

Tyros could hear his mother's laughter in the wind and relished in the sound. Though she didn't show it, he could tell that the murder of her unborn child weighed down on her more than the loss of Westeros did. He wished only for her to be happy.

"Come on then, I think they are trying to strand us in the desert." Ned's smiles were few, but when he gave them, the stone cold face which he usually kept, was melted into something years younger. Free of hardships and worries.

Tyros smiled back and challenged the lord to a race. He accepted and they were soon at the gates where the rest of their group was waiting. The city before them was huge. Its walls were tall and lined the perimeter. Within were stalls and stores of trade. Fine silks and jewels were set on display and caught anyone's attention by simply being there. Tyros could hardly take it in.

"Common then." Rhena called out. "The master already knows that we are arriving, he's sent a slave to meet us." She paused and turned to her sons. "They speak our tongue here. I would not put it past them to insult or slander us. Do not react." Aryen and Tyros shared a glance of confusion. "Don't even think of reaching for your sword should a foul word fall from his lips." They both nodded and turned when a female voice caught their attention.