Chapter Thirty-Three

Wren and I were walking through the mall, a few men behind us holding our bags. We weren't even shopping for dress up anymore. Alessandro forced me to use his card since he didn't like me spending my own money. There wasn't a limit on here but I'm sure he's wondering why we've purchased over a thousand things when I said it'd only be a few.

We'd pass a store and I'd say, "Okay, this is the last store then we leave." Then buy up almost the entire store. We'd pass another store and I'd say the same thing. It was a constant cycle that now caused us to have the men behind us annoyed by now.

Wren and I were walking by a cat store that caught both of our eyes. "Can I get a cat! Pretty please!" Her big grey-green eyes stared up at me begging. Her lips formed a pout and she gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Will your mom let you have one?" I threw my slushy out along with hers.

"She won't care. Probably won't even notice. Please?" I sighed, chewing on my bottom lip and thinking.

"Fine. But it was your idea and you get in trouble not me." She nodded and took my hand as we walked into the store. There were kittens in the front but in the back I could see a few dogs. A woman with black hair and hazel eyes walked up to us with a big smile.

"Hi! Welcome to Paws & Claws. How can I help you?"

"We're looking for a cat for this cutie here." Wren smiled and waved at the woman.

"What kind do you want, pumpkin?" She opened the little gate and let us walk in. The kittens and bigger cats crowded around us, meowing and purring.

"Their all so pretty." She pet a golden kitten and it snuggled against her. She then pet a black and white cat and it jumped into her lap. Her eyes seemed to be mainly on those two. "Shuffle these two." Wren closed her eyes and I switched the cats seating areas around a few times.

"You can pick now." She took a deep breath, causing the woman to chuckle. Wren pointed at the golden kitten and smiled.

"I'll be back for the rest of you soon. Promise." She pet some of the other kittens. As she said her goodbyes I looked over to see a baby white kitten staring up at me with the most beautiful blue eyes. Alessandro had never said anything about being allergic to cats. But would he be mad at me for getting one?

The fluffy kitten stared up at me as if it was begging me to have it. How could I deny those pretty eyes? "Is this a girl or boy?" I picked the kitten up and she purred against me.

"A girl. We just got her a few days ago." I was already in love with the little fur ball.

"We'll take both of them." I'd just tell Alessandro that her eyes were to hard to deny. I'm sure he'll love her sooner or later. We went to pick up a bunch of items for our new family members— a cat bed, treats, a lot of key chains I'll probably never use, a leash and a hundred toys each.

Wrens cat was so tiny and pretty. "His name will be Tofu." She held the cat up in her arms and kissed his face.

"Moon. I'll name her moon." I tickled her belly and she grabbed my finger with her little paws. "Ready to head back home?" Wren nodded, never taking her eyes off her new cat.

It'd been a few hours since we got home. Alessandro's place was destroyed. Cat toys were everywhere, princess clothes and more were scattered everywhere. Bubbles were floating around from the bubble guns we bought.