47

Shen Yu propped himself up against Shang JunLin's shoulder and looked at him carefully. "What more does Your Majesty want?"

"Move in with this emperor."

"But don't we already live together?" Shen Yu was puzzled. "Yuzhang Palace and the emperor's chambers are both in the imperial palace. What difference does it make where we live?"

Shang JunLin looked at him expectantly.

Somehow, it was a little like a big dog trying to coax its owner.

Shen Yu coughed lightly, shook off of the strange image in his mind, and wrapped his arms around the man's neck. "Your Majesty knows that a person who's having a baby can't just move to an unfamiliar place, right?"

Shang JunLin obviously hadn't expected this response, and his eyes widened.

"Hahaha." Shen Yu couldn't help laughing.

Shang JunLin wasn't able to come up with a reply. Shen Yu must have said it on purpose.

"Why don't you want to move in?" Shang JunLin leaned forward, and the tip of his nose gently brushed Shen Yu's cheek.

Shen Yu turned his head slightly. "Yuzhang Palace is comfortable."

Shang JunLin was helpless. Not even the emperor could change Shen Yu's mind. Sometimes he couldn't help wondering what made Shen Yu agree to enter the palace in the first place.

The Shen Yu he knew wasn't the type of person who was ever at the mercy of others.

Shang JunLin decided to skip this topic and return to the memorial. He told Shen Yu what the Hidden Dragon Guard had found.

"Young Lady Fang is the only child of Minister Fang, and her temperament is similar to his. The King of Yue was her first love affair, but it was still in the early stages."

Shen Yu: "Fortunately she found out in time. I hope those women weren't deeply in love, or it would be an even bigger crime."

Shang JunLin: "When they return home, the true face of the king of Yue will soon be made clear."

Shen Yu: "What is Your Majesty going to do with him?"

This question was the primary reason for Minister Fang's petition. First he criticized the King of Yue's behavior in the sharpest terms. Then he concluded with righteous indignation: The King of Yue must be severely punished!

Shen Yu agreed with him.

"This emperor intends to leave the matter entirely to Minister Fang," Shang JunLin replied indifferently.

Shen Yu couldn't help but pat Shang JunLin on the shoulder and praise him. "Good idea, Your Majesty."

Since writing the petition, Minister Fang had been pacing around the courtyard. He knew that His Majesty wasn't likely to cover up the King of Yue's faults, but he was worried that His Majesty would hesitate and decide to handle it lightly because of the legacy of the previous emperor.

Young Lady Fang was bored and toyed with the fan she was holding. "Really, Father, can you stop walking in circles? You're making me dizzy."

Minister Fang stopped like an angry puffer fish. "Can't you tell who I'm worrying about?"

"This daughter knows Father is worried about me." Young Lady Fang quickly smoothed his fur. "Didn't Father say that His Majesty wouldn't let the King of Yue off?"

"What do you know!" More than that, however, Minister Fang refused to say.

Minister Fang had been working with His Majesty since before he ascended the throne, and he knew some insider stories from the early years. For example, certain things regarding the King of Yue.