Seven

[|]

The moment my parents walked into their bedroom, I quickly rushed out of mine and raced straight to the living room. I steadied my heavy breathing as I convinced myself that I could still go to Lucas' party. After making my mind get calm, I opened the door and slipped out of the house. I quietly closed the door and dropped my new black boots on the porch.

"Phew," I said and flipped my dark hair off my shoulders. My hands swept down to the curve of my body, loving the feel of the leather jumpsuit before I ran them around the plastic utility belt around my waist.

I looked at the empty street ahead of me and then bent down. In a haste, I put on my boots and left the porch. I looked at the house then at my parents' room before walking away. I could not help but feel so good in my outfit. I had spent hours preparing myself. My make-up was similar to the Black Widow character and my hair was curled. I was grateful to Maddy because, without her, I would have appeared in the cheapest outfit and probably gotten embarrassed at the party.

"Besides, all I want is to get my phone and get out of there, hopefully," I said with a shake of my head and increased my steps.

[|]

My heart skipped a beat as I took in the crowded street leading to Lucas' house. There were people everywhere, in different outfits. From funny outfits to impressive ones. As I walked past all of them, I kept my eyes to myself, not wanting to draw any attention to myself since the taxi I took could not drive to this extent.

As I neared the huge white mansion, I saw more people and steadied my walking steps. When I got to the opened metal gates, I saw some familiar boys who noticed me.

"Is that Jackie Garner?"

"No way, man."

"She is fucking hot."

My back straightened as I walked past them and into the courtyard. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw them start to follow me which made me walk faster but their long legs made them catch up to me.

"Hey, Jackie. What brings you to the party?" One asked, walking by my right.

"Yeah, it's weird seeing you at such a place. I don't think there's anyone in need of a lesson here, right?" The one on the left asked and the rest on their sides laughed.

I was between these boys and I could smell the strong alcohol off their bodies as well as whatever they've smoked. I kept my eyes on the double doors upfront while keeping my mouth shut.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" The one on my right grabbed my arm and forced me to stop.

Fear took over my body as I saw that the people around me were too busy with themselves to even notice what they were doing. I finally looked up at him and sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm just here for something and won't stay long. Please, I don't want any trouble," I pleaded and they chuckled, finding what I said funny. It wasn't funny to me. How high and drunk were they?

My eyes swept around them and that was when I realized that they now surrounded me, making me feel like a dwarf. I could barely see past their heads.

"Who are you here for, huh?" One asked, eyeing my body.

"N-No one," I stuttered. I didn't want them to know I came here because of Lucas. Lucas was a walking alarm clock. He drew attention with the slightest thing he did so I didn't want them having weird thoughts about me being here because of him.