Welcome to Hell

I awoke, scared and nauseous, as the waves splashed against my life raft. I was terrified.. and alone. Nothing but the sea surrounded me. I almost wanted to die. It was better than floating forever, until I slip the bonds of this sea— of this Earth, from either starvation or thirst. But that's when I saw it. The island.

OUT OF TIME
Two Years Later

The name of the island I was found on is Zaljev od Pakao. It's Croatian for "Bay of Hell." I had been there for two years before I was discovered by a group of travelers, whom I assume were exploring the world. They took me back to New York, which is where I had lived, and checked me into a hospital. "Where is my son?" I heard my mom ask as she rushed towards the room door. "Ma'am, before you enter.." The doctor said. "I'd like you to know a few things. He may not be the same Matthew you remember," She said, not making eye contact. "What? What does that mean?" My mom replied.
"30% of his body is covered in scar tissue. He has 3 broken ribs and a couple of fractures that never properly healed. And.. his eyes aren't responsive to light."
"What..? He's blind?" My mom asked, before covering her mouth with her palm to cry. "I'm afraid so, Mrs. Queen-Simmons. I'd like you to prepare yourself before you enter. He's gone through a lot of trauma." My mom slowly stepped into the room. "Matthew?" She called out, softly. I turned around to face her, and smiled. "Hello, mom." Tears rolled down her face as she ran up to hug me.
The doctor thinks that the island made me insane. Violent, which she probably assumes is from all the torture. She's only half right.