49

"Okay, fifty bucks says Daniel is not going to show up," Daniella said as she unfasten her seatbelt and got out of the car. She and Max decided to go together to the dinner that the McLaren driver planned. 

"Hundred bucks says Daniel is already there waiting for us but will make up some excuse and leave," Max smugly said as he got out of the car as well. 

He looked at Daniella one more time, trying his best not to wrap his arm around her. Daniella missed the look he was giving her. 

"So we both agree that he is trying to set us up?" The Mercedes driver looked at the Red Bull driver. 

"Oh yeah," Max chuckled. "And I think we should make him work a little harder, and put in some more effort."

"I like the way you think," Daniella smirked before they both entered the restaurant, their eyes scanning for Daniel. 

Both found Daniel sitting on a far away table, checking his appearance on a spoon and fixing his hair. 

"Is it me or does he look nervous?" Daniella almost whispered. 

"He looks like he is waiting for his date," Max commented, making Daniella giggle. 

Daniel spotted his two friends and waved at them, a bright welcoming and pleased smile on his face. 

"Show time," Daniella said under her breath. 

"By the way.." Max whispered into her ears as they almost reached the table. "You look really hot tonight," He commented. 

Daniella felt her cheeks getting red but tried her best to control it. 

"Finally!" Daniel huffed. "I have been waiting for more than thirty minutes. The waitress thought that I got stood up. You know how embarrassing that was?"

"Sorry," Daniella gave a guilty smile as she took her seat. 

"Blame her," Max pointed at her. "She took almost an hour to decide what to wear."

"Happy to see she made the right call," Daniel complimented. 

Max couldn't agree more yet he still felt a little jealous. 

"So… shall we order?" Daniella asked. 

"Actually…" Daniel cautiously said. Max immediately shot Daniella a victory look, sure that he is going to win the bet. "I have to go, something urgent came up."

"Okay," Daniella shrugged. "I will go with you."

"What?" Max was surprised. 

"Why?" Daniel was taken aback. 

"I am tired of these fancy foods," Daniella explained. "And you are the one who arranged this dinner, if you are leaving then there is no point of me and Max being here."

"Yeah… what she said…" Max added. 

Daniel thought for a few seconds as he looked at Max and Daniella, both looking serious to their words. 

"Ughh! Fine," He let out a defeated sigh. "I will stay."

"What about the urgent thing you mentioned?" Max teased. 

"That can go to hell," Daniel sounded annoyed. 

Max and Daniella shared a look which Daniel missed, too busy feeling defeated and disappointed. 

***

"This is humiliating," Lewis cursed as he jumped out of the car after both he and Daniella failed to qualify in the top ten.