13

Today papa was taking me to meet my new therapist

Today papa was taking me to meet my new therapist. No psychiatrist. Papa said a psychiatrist can prescribe medicines if I need them so we're going to a psychiatrist.

"Come on love," Papa said opening the car door. When did we reach?

Papa and I walked in and papa talked to the resciptionist. Then we went to the lift and got out at the tenth floor.

Papa knocked on a door that had some writing on it. But I can't read so I don't know what it says.

"Come in," a voice from inside said.

Papa opened the door and let me in first before coming in and closing it. I saw a man who looked to be in his  late twenties or early thirties. He had a blinding smile. "Come sit wherever you want."

I looked around a bit. The office had a couch a few chairs and bean bags, a desk with a chair behind it and a few other chairs infront of it. "Anywhere?"

"Yes! Anywhere. Where do you want to sit? My chair? That's a little uncomfortable though. Or maybe the bean bags? Or the couch? Or maybe my desk! Wherever you want."

Why is he so energetic?

I looked at papa for confirmation, he nodded. I took a seat on the couch. Papa sat down next to me and the energetic man sat in the bean bag infront of us.

"Now Astrid, this is our first session. Do you want your father to stay or go? Anything you want."

I don't want to be alone with this man. What if he starts jumping?

"Stay."

He nodded. "Mr. King, your daughter wants you to stay! So you stay."

"I heard her," papa growled.

The energetic man raised his hands in surrender and turned to me, the smile still there. "My name is Matthew Black. You can call me Matt. Everyone calls me Matt. Can I call you Astrid or do you prefer something else?"

"Astrid's fine," I mumbled.

"So Astrid how are you today?"

"I'm good thank you. How are you?"

"I'm doing fantastic. Would you like to have something? A drink or something to eat?"

"No thank you."

"Alright then. What did you have for breakfast? I had oatmeal."

Why's he asking about breakfast?

"I had egg sandwich."

"Do you like eggs?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"They have a sort of smell, I don't like it."

"Oh my god same! Then why did you have them for breakfast?"