Chapter 5

"Takashi and I are going out today." I tell my mother, as I set my purse down on the kitchen table. She smiled at me. "Alright then... You might want to wake him up." She laughs. "He isn't awake yet?!" She shakes her head and goes back to reading her magazine.

I barge up the stairs, and into Mori's room. I jump on top of him and squeeze him into a hug. "Takashi..." I sing. He groans and his eyes flutter open. My head was on his bare chest and I smiled at him. "What is it, Rina?" He asks. I gasp. "You forgot already?! I can't believe you! I guess we just don't go then!" I say, trying to get up off of him.

He grabs me with his muscular arms. "Hey! You get back here Missy! I'm not done with you!" He says. I smile and giggle a bit. "Takashi! Let me go!" I yell, giggling. "Oh, no you don't!" He says, pulling the blankets up over me and pinning them down. "Takashi! You're going to ruin my hair!"

He released me and I hugged him. "Hurry up and get ready... I'm gonna go talk to mom." I say.

I walked down the stairs and mom was in the phone with someone, holding a photo album in her hand. "But... She just got back from Ireland and England, you can't possibly want her back now. Yes, she does go to Outan Academy. B-but... What about Takashi? He IS my biological son.......ugh... Fine... But she will be really upset to hear the news... And so will takashi. They don't even know about what happened in the past." She says. In her photo album... I could see a little girl, a woman, and a man standing together in front of a huge mansion. The little girl looked around 1 or 2. But... She kinda looked like me.

My mom hung up the phone and shut the album. She turned around and saw me standing on the stairs. "Hello Rina." She says, taken aback. "Hi mama... Who was on the phone?" I ask. She sighs. "I'll tell you later... What time are you and Takashi going to be home?" She asks. "Around 5." "Alright... Have fun and get home by 5 or you're both grounded." She laughs.

***

Takashi and I walked around the mall. I was still thinking about what I heard and saw before we left. I really needed to talk about it... But I wasn't so sure if I should tell Takashi.

"You alright, Rina?" He asks.

I was silent.

"Rina?" He asks again.

Finally I snapped back to reality, forgetting about what I was thinking about.

"Huh?"

"Rina... Are you okay? You haven't talked since we left a couple hours ago. Is something on your mind?" He asks.

I tried to change the subject. "Wanna get some lunch?" He nods and we go to the food court.

We sit down and eat our food. "So seriously... What's wrong?" He asks. I looked at him. "I... Overheard mother in the phone... Talking about someone... Then she mentioned you. She also had a photo in her hand of a happy family... And the little girl... Looked like me." I say.

He just stares at me in shock. Not saying anything. Until he shoots up from his seat and drags me with him. "Uh! Takashi! What are you doing?!" I ask. "We are going home to talk yo mom about this."

***

He busts through the front door and straight into the living room. "Hello there Takashi." She says cheerfully. "What's the deal with Rina?! That phone conversation you had earlier! What's the deal?!" He yells.

I realized that people were coming from the hallway and taking boxes out into a moving truck. What the hell is going on?!

"Takashi... Calm down... You and Rina come here, and I will explain everything." She says. I follow takashi... Holding onto his arm.

"Okay... The thing is... You and Rina... Well... You aren't twins." She says.

Our eyes widen.