Chapter - 5

Pritika’s POV

I am now making breakfast for everyone…maids are helping me.
When today I entered into the Kitchen I was shocked seeing the number of maids. In this house the number of  maids are more than the number of family members and the house… o god it is so big that I am afraid maybe I will lose someday.

From the morning I haven’t meet anyone till now…maybe they all are still sleeping. My husband was sleeping when I came out of the room. I didn’t wake him up… as I don’t know his wake up routine.

“what are you doing here? ”

Suddenly hearing this  voice the bowl in  my hand fell on the ground and broke.
“Wow.. Fantastic…you just entered the kitchen and started breaking things”

PRITIKA : I am sorry mom ( mother-in-law) ...I..I didn’t do it intentionally.. ( said apprehensively)

ADITI (Mother-in-law) : you didn’t answer my question , what are you doing here?

PRITIKA : I….I am making breakfast for everyone.

ADITI : This is not your village's  house..…here maids are present to do everything… you don’t have to do anything. (said very coldly)

NILIMA( Grandmother) : let her do….I think you have forgotten Aditi, today is her first Rasoi….Priti beta, make whatever you want to make…no worries… maids will help you.

PRITIKA : ok.. Dadi..

Mom left the kitchen… dadi also left behind her.

In this one day I understood one thing that my mother-in-law and also my sister-in- law are not happy about this marriage.

I also don’t understand how my dadi arrange this marriage and why did they accept this… they are so rich… and we are so poor… I am still confuse… sigh

FLASHBACK

Third Person’s POV

A taxi stopped in front of Chauhans Mansion….Pritika and Bandana came out of the taxi…

Pritika was looking at the Mansion with mesmerizing eyes…

PRITIKA : wow dadi! This house is so big and beautiful…wow!!... But what are we doing here? Why does the taxi stop in front of this house?

BANDANA : Because I gave the address of this house to the taxi driver … so of course he had to stop in front of this house.

PRITIKA : why?

BANDANA : what do you mean why? Now we will enter into this house.. So stop talking and follow me.

PRITIKA : No wait dadi… dadi , are you going to work as maid here? Dadi your health isn’t well… I will not let you do that, I am now already earning some money… don’t worry I will definitely find a job soon…please dadi… let’s go back… I don’t want you to work in people's houses anymore. 

BANDANA : No my dear… I am not going to work as a maid.
PRITIKA : Then?

BANDANA : You will know soon… Now let’s go.

PRITIKA : Dadi, look at our dress…I think even their maids have better dress than us… the guard will not let us enter.

BANDANA : They will…

Said this Bandana approached one guard standing at the main gate.

PRITIKA looked confused and also a little afraid when her dadi approached the guard and gave him a paper…when the guard looked at them with narrowed eyes and observed them from head to toe… she was sure that they would humiliate them but when the guard allowed them she was perplexed.

PRITIKA : dadi, what did you gave that guard? Why did he allow us?

BANDANA : you don’t have to know.
Pritika  pouted… she didn’t understand today why her dadi  was being so secretive about everything.

They entered into Mansion… one maid took them into the main living room.
Pritika saw in the lavishly decorated living room on the sofa a elderly couple were sitting….who might be same age as her dadi but look more elegant and authoritative , looking at her very strangely.