Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

GATRIA HAD to stare at the man who called her 'sword goddess' for a long second before something clicked in her mind and she finally recognized him. Gatria didn't know if her memory serves her right, but there's only one being she knew who possessed such a gorgeous face with golden eyes. "Drago?"

The man leaned back on his seat while a pleased smile was plastered on his lips. "The one and only."

"So it is you!"

Drago chuckled. "I'm glad you still remember me, sword goddess. It had been so long."

"Yeah. It had been so long since I lost to you." Gatria glared at Drago. "Let's go outside and have a duel. I will defeat you this time."

Drago looked at Gatria, clearly amused. "Am I still the only one who defeated you in sword fighting, sword goddess?"

"Hmp! As If someone could best me."

"I did."

Gatria glared at Drago again. "That's why we should cross blades again. Come on, let's go outside of town and have a duel. I'll cut you to pieces this time."

Drago laughed at Gatria's angry face. "Take it easy, sword goddess. I'm not here to fight, but to get information."

Gatria eased up and went back to eating. "What kind of information are you looking for? Though I don't think I'll be much of a help. I was imprisoned for nearly two centuries and just escaped recently."

Drago was silent for a long while before he spoke, "so, it was true? The humans really did that to you?"

"Are you living under a rock that you didn't know?" Gatria finished her meal and looked at Drago— and she was taken aback by the emotion she saw in his handsome face. "Don't spread your murderous aura in here. If you're angry, want to fight outside?"

Drago didn't reply. He just stared at Gatria until he felt something wrap around Gatria— a shield he was familiar with.

"He's here too?"

Gatria looked at Treven who's still sharing the table with the half-demon, but Treven attention was on their table.

'Are you okay?' Treven mouthed.

Gatria nodded and returned her attention to Drago, who was still looking at Treven. "What's with the murderous aura anyway?"

Drago returned her attention to Gatria. "Can't I be angry for you?"

Gatria stilled for a moment before she changed the subject. She didn't really want to talk about it. "So, what kind of information are you looking for?" 

Drago knew Gatria was changing the subject, so he went along with her. "For centuries, our home has been far away from humans. We prefer to keep to ourselves since we're a problematic bunch who goes to war against our own kind for petty reasons. But recently, humans had been trespassing on our domain and hunting the young ones. The Dragon King sent his best warrior, me, to investigate. I'd been roaming around for a few weeks now and that's when I learned about what happened to you and your kingdom. I didn't believe it at first because I know how strong your kinds are, but hearing it from you..." Drago heave a deep sigh "If only I checked on you."

"I am not your responsibility, Drago." Gatria didn't want to make others feel bad because of what happened to her and her kingdom. If blame would be thrown, it was her fault, not anybody else's. "Anyway, how's your information gathering? Found anything useful?"

Drago sighed. "It's been weeks, but I haven't found anything yet. I still don't know what those humans wanted from us. The only thing I know from the human I tortu—I mean, um, talked to is that, my kinds were taken to Faberion and Ager. Faberion had been destroyed before I could gather information, so I'm planning to go to the capital of Treterra, Ager."