Chapter 21

Near midnight, I was laying in my bed, reading on my phone, when a message appeared on the screen.

"Faith says I got a package today..."

Confused, I paused, then remembered.

The sex toys.

Sitting up, I grinned as I typed. "Oh?"

"Can you come over on Friday? This week has been interminable."

Biting my lip, I replied, "What about Faith?"

"Tell her you're working on the storage room project."

"That's not what I meant."

"Then what?

"I mean, she'll be home, right?"

His answer came a moment later. "Then you'll have to be quiet, won't you?"

Locking the car behind me, I left the Beast parked along the residential street as I walked toward Jason's house.

Preparing to ring the doorbell, I was startled when the front door swung open, revealing a freshly showered Jason Coleman.

I sucked in a breath, the scent of him filling my lungs as my eyes raked over his form.

His voice rumbled in the momentary silence, "Hi."

I felt my lips form into a spontaneous smile. "Hi."

Stepping back, he said, "Come in."

My backpack had barely settled on the floor before the door slammed shut and I was pressed against it.

His teeth nibbled a burning path along my throat. "Miss me?"

My hands were busily burrowing under the cloth of his worn grey sweatpants. "Maybe."

He stilled, his fingers on my jaw, forcing my eyes to meet his. "Maybe?"

Jason's eyes glittered, dark and dangerous, and I felt myself getting lost in them. "Okay, a little."

His thumb brushed across the soft skin of my cheek. "Only a little?"

I shrugged, and he released me.

"Sounds like someone doesn't want her presents."

"Presents?" My voice sounded smug in the quiet foyer.

Smirking, he nodded toward the hallway, "Follow me."

Catching my hand in his, he led the way to his bedroom.

I pulled back, "Jason, wait-"

"Hmm?"

"Faith's going to be home any minute."

"No, she's not."

"No?"

He shook his head, starting to walk again, "She's on an errand to pick up milk from the store. We have a little time."

"And you really think 'a little time' is going to be enough?"

Jason turned back, grinning. "Enough for what I have planned."

Intrigued, I followed him into the bedroom, where the plain brown box on the bed did nothing to hint at its salacious contents.

"What exactly do you have planned?"

Walking over to his nightstand, Jason disconnected something from a charger and held it out to me.