Park

G I O V A N N I

It's been a week since Liv ran away.

We've searched everywhere, but there's been no sign of her.

We've had the Mafias looking all around the world for her, searching for my little girl.

We have no idea where she's gone.

It's like she disappeared off of the face of the earth.

The Russians have been quiet lately, and I'm worried something bad may have happened involving her.

The boys have stayed off of school for the last week to help search for their little sister.

But we've got nothing...

"DAD!" I heard Rina shout from her office.

I didn't waste a second, bursting through the door to see her sat at the laptop with tears in her eyes

"What's wrong?" I asked her, scared of the answer I may receive.

"Liv messaged me, we have to meet her at the park in fifteen minutes." She told me as she threw on her large coat.

We both rushed outside to the car, calling the boys as we did so.

We were at the park in two minutes, and getting out of the car.

My eyes scanned the park, till I found my daughter sat on a bench, her MacBook on her lap.

I sprinted over to her and wrapped my arms around her figure.

"Why'd you run?" Rina asked her with tears in her eyes as she hugged her only sister.

"Why did you not tell me about the Mafias?"

"We- I was- we were-"

"Don't bother with the excuses, because I don't care. I ran away so I couldn't be tracked down for cleaning up your messes." She sighed.

"What've you done?" I questioned as she closed her MacBook.

"The FBI had seven years of evidence against you, enough to give all of you life sentences. I had to leave to hack into their databases without them being able to track it back to the house.

I've deleted all evidence against you guys, and now they have no grounds to get even a search warrant. So now, you can deal with whatever enemies you have that have made you so worried lately."

"Um... thank you?" I got out, trying to understand what this child had just said.

"You're not mad about the mafia?" Rina asked as she took cautious steps towards Liv.

"Nah. I've always know you guys were up to some shady shit." She shrugged as she put her MacBook in her bag.

"Well that's- Dad." Rina said, horror lacing her tone.

I followed her wide eyed gaze towards Liv's forehead, where I saw a bright red dot.

I got up and kneeled down in front of her, letting the dot rest on my back.