Chapter 7: Dark Pink Roses (484-488)

You probably know that red roses symbolize love and passion, but you may not know that the color, number, and how roses are combined have coded meanings.

Dark pink roses means thank you.

——————————

Alberu was conflicted.

As he promised Cale, Alberu gathered and prepared all the files he thought Cale would need. He even talked to his estranged father (something he didn't really like doing since the death of his mother) to see if he had more information.

Alberu was not yet King, but it was through his own volition. He decided to ascend the throne when everything was done and over with.

But at the same time, Alberu was already the head of Crossman Household.

King Zed Crossman, his father, had given the position up a long time ago.

Alberu discovered a lot of things the day he assumed the position. And he wasn't sure if he liked those things.

They were quite disheartening, if not crushing him down.

A small part of Alberu wanted to keep that information to himself. It was a secret that could shake the very foundation of the Crossman name if it ever got out. Add that to his heritage secret, and he would bid his position goodbye.

Did he believe that information? Not 100%. But that wouldn't be the case with a lot of people out there, would it?

Then there was the more rational part of Alberu who decided to bring this matter to light.

Alberu was already head of the family and possessed the seal, but Zed had seriously opposed this decision. However, Alberu trusted Cale more than anyone else in the world. He already knew about his Dark Elf blood and he accepted him, did he not? What was another secret?

Besides, Cale must have asked about information on the Crossman Royal Family because he thought it might be useful to fight against the White Star.

Still, it didn't stop him from feeling slightly scared.

Alberu was scared of being rejected.

Alberu had always been scared of rejection. Rejected for being a royalty from a commoner mother, rejected for not having the signature Crossman looks, rejected for being a powerless Prince.

Thus when he met Cale, someone so wonderfully selfless in his own way, who accepted him for who he was and didn't expect more than what he could give...

Alberu wasn't surprised that his heart decided to fall for the red haired young noble. It was simply inevitable.

He just hoped that Cale stayed that way when he learned of this information.

Screech-

"Welcome."

Alberu stood alone in the Roan Palace's Grand Library, greeting Cale.

"Your Highness."

Cale greeted him and tried to enter.

"Stop."

However, Alberu showed his palm to stop them.

Guards, librarians, and administrators. Nobody else was there except for Alberu.

He pointed to Cale.

"You come in alone," he said before swallowing the heavy lump on the back of his throat.

"Didn't you say you wanted to hear a secret?" Alberu said with an odd smile that seemed to be full of bitterness and anguish.

"Well, if what I want to hear is a secret, then..." Cale smiled as he walked into the library. "I'll happily come in."