Chapter Two

"Size, matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?" - Yoda

❆ ❆ ❆

During the Jedi's long wait, Oriel felt a disturbance in the Force. Death. She leaped to her feet almost simultaneously with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon looked at them in approval, probably proud that his Padawan had sensed it too. All three had their lightsabers ignited and at the ready, but there was nothing else to show of the disturbance other than a protocol droid fussing over spilt drinks.

In the silence a hissing noise was heard. "Gas!" called Qui-Gon, and the three unarmed their selves and held their breaths while trying to find a way out of the sealed room.

Not long after, Oriel heard the doors slide open and the sound of battle droids could be heard.

Green, blue and white light could be seen through the smoke and soon after flashes of red from the blasters the droids carried, but they were gone in the blink of an eye as battle droids are no match for a Jedi let alone three.

The three ran towards the bridge, where on the other side, a door was all that stood in the way of them and the Viceroy they were supposed to be meeting with.

They reached the bridge door where Qui-Gon sunk his lightsaber into the door and started slicing a hole in it while Obi-Wan and Oriel stood guard.

Before Qui-Gon could finish his cut however, someone had closed the blast doors on them. Oriel was almost amused at the action.

Blast doors can not keep Jedi out. Thought Oriel but was quickly brought back to the fight as destroyer droids came rolling down the corridor. But they can.

"Destroyer Droids!" Yelled Qui-Gon over the firing bullets and turning away from the blast doors.

"Offhand, I'd say this mission is past the negotiation stage." Obi-Wan replied. Oriel missed hearing the small humorous comments made by Obi-Wan, but she did think that now was no time to be cracking jokes.

The three could not hold off the destroyer droids for much longer as they had shield generators.

"They have shield generators." Obi-Wan pointed out the obvious. "It's a standoff." Said Qui-Gon. "Lets go." With that, the three were already at the other end of the hall.

They had to climb through the ventilation system in order to get to the hangar safely, but they were all not expecting what their saw next.

"Battle Droids." Qui-Gon spoke. "It's an invasion army." Finished Obi-Wan.

"Why in this galaxy would the Trade Federation need an invasion army?" Wondered Oriel, not to anyone in particular.

"For Naboo, that's why. They want the Queen to sign that treaty and they will do anything to get it, including an invasion." Obi-Wan answered.

"And I thought a blockade was going to far." Said Oriel in disbelief.

"We need to warn the Naboo. Contact Chancellor Valorum." Qui-Gon said. "Let's split up." He said coming up with a plan, something that Oriel was not good at.

"We can stow aboard different ships and meet back down on the planet." He finished but before we could follow through, Obi-Wan had something to say.

"You were right about one thing master." He said a grin on his face and Oriel knew some bad joke was going to follow.

"The negotiations were short."

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel was knocked to the ground as the invasion ship landed and almost immediately the door was opened and the battle droids started being unpacked. It looked as if her ship she had boarded was one of the first to land.