Part 33

Srakk srakk~

The sound of a pen scratching a paper filled the room. For the past week, Ezekiel had been preoccupied with his estate's affair.

His works already piled up like a mountain because he neglected them in order to meet Zoella.

"Why won't you go to your own office, Jeremy?"

Ezekiel asked without stopping his hand's movement.

Jeremy Rutledge, a young man in his 21 was Ezekiel's secretary. Right now, he was supervising his lord to make sure Ezekiel finished his work.

"Please don't mind me, your Excellency. Just focus on your work."

Even though Ezekiel's stoic expression had not changed, Jeremy was certain that he was trying to suppress his urge to run away.

It was a few days ago when Jeremy came to his office to check on him, Ezekiel was about to jump from his window.

Luckily he managed to make Ezekiel sit back on his chair and continue his work.

Jeremy was stressed enough when Ezekiel neglected his duty for months and now he needed to keep an eye on him so that his lord wouldn't escape.

Truthfully, he was curious when Ezekiel suddenly went to the forest frequently. He wanted to ask but Jeremy didn't have the courage.

Knock knock~

"Come in."

A man in all-black attire and a black mask entered the room. Jeremy frowned as he saw him.

'What's a shadow doing here?'

Shadow.

They were a special force formed by Ezekiel himself. They have various duties and it was up to them how they did them.

"Report it."

Ezekiel commanded him with his hand and gaze still focused on the paper.

"Two days ago, Lady Zoella and her friends were going to the market. And four men suddenly kidnapped her friends and Lady Zoella rescued them."

Ezekiel's hand stopped. Slowly, he raised his gaze to his subordinate asking for further explanation.

"Lady Zoella was unharmed. In fact, she beats up all the kidnappers and even healed her friends with magic. The culprit of this incident is Elenia Moore, daughter of Count Moore as well as Lady Zoella's classmate. Today, she suddenly drop out of the Academy and returned to her house."

Silence filled the room. No one had said a word after the shadow finished his explanation.

'Just who is this Zoella? He even made your Excellency react this way.'

Ezekiel's stoic expression became really cold. He unconsciously let out his aura when he heard the report.

"You may go."

The shadow bowed and left the room immediately.

"Jeremy."

"Y-yes?"

"Go back."

"Yes, your Excellency."

Jeremy bowed to his lord and quietly left the room. Originally, he was planning to go back to his room once Ezekiel had done his paperwork. But with the current situation, he wouldn't want to be in the same room as him.

Clack~

Ezekiel let out a deep breath and rested his head on his hand. Even though the shadow said that Zoella was fine, Ezekiel still worried about her.

He knew that Zoella was quite strong for her age. But that didn't mean she needed to face the danger like that.

Ezekiel made up his mind to at least see her tonight after his work.

He didn't need to meet her. He just wanted to make sure that Zoella was really alright and safe.

The rest of the day passed by and he was still drowning in his work. The sun had set and the moon had taken its place.

Ezekiel put down his pen, grabbed his robe, and jumped to the tree near his window.

He used his aura to increase his speed as he jumped from one tree to another until he arrived at Zoella's dorm.

Tap~

Ezekiel landed softly on a tree branch while looking at Zoella's balcony door. The light of her room was still lit indicating that Zoella had not slept yet.

Deep in his heart, Ezekiel wanted to jump right to her room right now but he didn't want to freak her up. So this distance would do for now.

"Please, come out."

He mumbled as he hoped Zoella would come out. But contrary to his wish, the fire in Zoella's room was being put out. Ezekiel couldn't help but feel upset at the thought he couldn't see her.

However, the universe seemed to be playing with him right now. As he was about to go back to his manor, the balcony's door suddenly wide opened.

Ezekiel's golden eyes glistened when he saw Zoella step out to her balcony.

Thump-thump

His heart started to pound loudly as he admired her figure. A beautiful face illuminated by the moonlight along with her long hair fluttered by the wind was filling his mind and heart.

If someone were to tell him to stare at this picture forever, Ezekiel would gladly do it.

"So beautiful."

Ezekiel mumbled. He even forgot about his original intention for a moment. Zoella's figure was so beautiful that he got nothing in his mind now.

He could see Zoella clasped her hands and close her eyes with a little smile on her face for a short while. She looked at the moon once again before she walked inside her room and closed the door.

A sigh of relief escaped from him. Zoella was really fine just as the report said.

Ezekiel raised his head to see the moon that Zoella admired just now. It was a beautiful moon with its fluorescent blue light. Seeing it kind of reminded him of Zoella's silver-bluish hair.

"Please, watch over her all night long. Don't let her have a single nightmare."

Ezekiel wished with all his heart. He stayed at the tree for a little longer. He didn't know maybe Zoella decided to go to her balcony once again.

After a little while, the door was still shut. It made Ezekiel convinced that Zoella was already asleep by now.

Ezekiel looked at her balcony for the last time before he finally went back. It was enough that he knew Zoella was safe and sound.

On the other side, Zoella realized that someone watched her when she was moon-gazing at her balcony.

The presence was subtle but it was there. That was why she quickly went back inside and tried to sleep.

"What kind of creepy person watched a random girl on her balcony?"

"No, was it a ghost?"

"But does this world even have a ghost?"

Zoella shook her head to get rid of any bad thoughts in her brain.