Chapter seven

"How are your grandchildren, Lily, Charlotte and Sam?" I ask a lovely women

"How are your grandchildren, Lily, Charlotte and Sam?" I ask a lovely women. We are holding a garden kind of party so I can 'know the people'.

"They're wonderful. Thank you for remembering" she replies smiling.

"How are you? It's good to see you. How's your dachshund? Maury, right?" I say, turning my attention to a younger women.

"He is great. You remember him from last summer?" the lady asks.

"Well, of course. He was just the sweetest little thing"

"Aurora" one of my friends from last summer gets my attention and we walk away to a quieter area, "Did you happen to see who's here?"

"Who?"

"The king wannabe with Lady Elissa" she informs me.

"Another one of his dates, that'll soon be cast aside? It's a shame that he hasn't realised how lucky he should think himself. These dates all seem to be far out of his league" I say looking at Lady Elissa, who is next to the 'King wannabe'.

"She is attractive. You talk to him much?"  she asks me.

"We acknowledge each other. Andrew?" I say sweetly, looking over my shoulder at my fiancé.

"Yes, dear" he say's walking to me, "Well, the camera's all ready to go, so..."

"Oo let's go this way" I say, trying to lead him away from Nick. I know it wont end well.

"You look beautiful in these, Aurora. Well, don't you always" Andrew tells me, looking through the photos he's taken this evening.

"Thank you, aren't you a flatterer" I say smiling at him as he takes my hand.

"Wait, wait, wait. The light is perfect" 

"What?" I ask, laughing lightly.

"Just one more, please" he pleads.

"No, love, no more pictures"

"Please" he says, looking at me with adoration. I jokingly roll my eyes before nodding and smiling at the camera, still holding his hand. He takes the photo before wrapping his arms around my waist, swinging my around slightly. As we're laughing Nick and Lady Elissa must have approached us because once Andrew put's me down they are stood in front of us.

"Ah. Hello. I'm Andrew Jacoby" 

"Hello. Lady Elissa" she tells him, shaking his hand. 

"Pleasure" he says putting his arm around my waist.

"Lady Elissa" I greet, smiling,

"Your Highness"

"Please, call me Aurora"

"Elissa and I were just discussing her latest achievement. She's received a Rhodes Scholarship" Nicholas starts.

"Nicholas, please" Lady Elissa says, trying to be modest.

"Why not brag? That's an amazing achievement. Congratulations, I'm happy for you" I tell her smiling. Is he really trying to start this with me? How stupid does he think I am. "Well, as lovely as it was talking, I think we where going on a walk around the grounds, weren't we love" 

"Well, Aurora I was hoping to have a word with you. Alone" Nicholas says before Andrew and I could walk off.

"Then, Andrew would you like to get a drink while they chat?" Elissa asks.

"I would love to. Excuse us. I'll see you in a minute" he says, placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"Fantastic party" Nick compliments, as we start walking.

"It is, isn't it?" I say, keeping my eyes foreward.

"You two make such a lovely couple"

"It's hard not to, when he's as lovely as he is" I tell him. Where is he going with this?

"It's a shame you're not attracted to him" There it is. He attempts to walk away but I keep up.

"What? I'll have you know I am very attracted to Andrew" I defend as we walk to a fountain.

"Well, obviously" he says sarcastically.

"I am. He's wonderful, he understands me"

"Understands you? Wow. What passion. I didn't hear you mention love"

"You wouldn't know love if it where standing right in front of you. You're to busy playing with any poor girls heart. And Lady Elissa is far to good for you, by the way"

"I loathe you" he tells me.

"Aw, whatever for?" I say with a mocking pout.  It's only now do I realise how close we are but before I can step back he puts his hand on the back of my head and kisses me.

I wrap my arms around his neck before realising what I'm doing and push him back, "Ok, you do not go around kissing people. Particularly not engaged people!" I walk backwards trying to keep my distance but any step back I take, he steps forward. "Don't think I don't know exactly what you are doing. You're trying to get me to fall for you, so I don't marry Andrew and you get the crown" I conclude before turning and walking around the fountain, him following me.

"Maybe, or maybe I just like kissing you" he says grabbing my waist dragging me back into him, trying to place his lips on mine. Before he can, I unwrap his arms from me and push him back causing him to fall into the fountain. As soon as his body makes contact with the water I quickly walk away. I turn around a corner of hedges to see Anthony approaching me.

"Turn and walk away, turn and walk away. We were never here" I say, grabbing his hand taking him in the opposite direction of the fountain.

"Oh, what have you done?" he questions, smirking.

"I may or may not have pushed Lord Nicholas into the fountain after he kissed me and then attempted to kiss me a second time" I answer quickly.

"He what?" he asks quietly, clenching his jaw.

"It's fine. It's handled. Just need to be far away. I am no longer in a party kind of mood" I tell him.

We finally reach the party, which is just outside an entrance to the palace. I drop Anthony's hand and quickly walk up the stairs to the door, clearly upset. I walk through the door, Anthony staying close behind me. By the time I've reached my room, Anthony is next to me. As soon as my door closes I break down crying.

"Oh, princess" Anthony says, putting his arms around me, rubbing his hand up and down my back in an attempt to calm me. 

"He's right" I sob into his chest.

"Right about what angel?" 

"I don't love Andrew. I either need to learn to love him or I'm going to live the rest of my life a lie" 

"You'll figure it out, princess" he tells me softly, "It might not seem like it now, but you will"