xlix. Mina

미나

미나

"FATHER?"

Only the sound of her heavy breathing echoed in Mina's ears as she fearfully stared at the person on top of Jungkook. Her heart raced as her vision blurred, unable to piece her mind together at that moment, the room suddenly closing in on her shoulders and making her hands falter, her eyes ceasing to glow like a candle dying out.

It's not... true, she repeated in her head as she stared at the man, the sun shining on his face as if it were a spotlight. He isn't...

"This is for your own good, Mina," he told her, the sound of her name coming from his mouth making her step back in shock. It was as if his voice confirmed it, the familiarity of his depth and tone. Her heart cracked, before only confusion and prominent anger began to course through her veins.

"I knew the two of you would come back here. It's going perfectly. You'll destroy your precious partner here, and you will join me, daughter. I'll protect you, and I don't even have to lay a finger on you," Sungyun explained, before he suddenly rose his hand toward her. Jungkook, immediately realizing his intentions, widened his eyes as he tried to push him off.

"No!" Jungkook cried as a shadow suddenly flew out of Sungyun's own shadow, slithering across the floor quickly and straight toward Mina.

It reached her, blending into her own shadow as she fell to her knees, her mind closing in on herself as if it were being crushed by a hand, Shadow's hand.

Sungyun promptly got off of Jungkook, immediately sinking in the floor, where he disappeared as a shadow.

Jungkook sprang to his feet, sprinting to Mina as he panted heavily, his eyes widened in panic. He bent down to her, watching as she pressed her palms against her temples, her face contorted as if she were fighting something, someone, in her head.

"M-Mina, please, please listen to me!" Jungkook shrieked, his voice laced with utter fear as she grunted in fatigue. He gently placed his palms on top of her hands, steadying her head in his hands. "You can't let him into your head."

Mina panted heavily, her body trembling as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Please, Mina," Jungkook choked out, "Please, I need—"

Jungkook visibly jumped as Mina's hands splattered onto the floor, her heavy breathing suddenly halted, her body frozen. Her head was bent over, her face unable to be seen as he watched her carefully.

"M-Mina...?" he whispered, his tone hesitant and fearful as she slowly tilted her head up, looking at him through heavy lids. Her expression was unreadable, utter silence filling the room.

With a frustrated shout, she lunged off of the floor onto Jungkook, shoving him onto his back. Jungkook gasped as he quickly hooked his knee on her torso, pushing her off of him and sending her flying above him. She rolled on the floor once before landing on her feet, sliding on her feet as she glared at Jungkook.