14

-The Next Day, Y/N's POV-

"Miss Patridge requires large amounts of sugar for her morning tea, and Lord Abernathy, he will refuse to eat any meat that is not well-cooked, while Lady Abernathy will only consume her meat bloody, I am told. And make sure you put an extra blanket on Lord Weston's bed. I hear he feels the cold," Violet tells Mrs. Wilson as Daphne and I are trailing behind her right on her heels.

"Wow, I forgot how busy it would get for-" I started to say until one of the maids interrupted with, "The roses and carnations have arrived, ma'am."

"You may wish to add in lilac, Mama. Symbolic of first love," Daphne mentions as she glances her eyes back at me before I softly scoff and lean in to whisper, "May I remind you, Duchess, that your brother has yet to showcase his findings of his Viscountess."

"He doesn't need to be searching any farther because he should be looking at the lady in front of him," Daphne whispered back as she turns her attention back to the maid to suggest, "And perhaps make the bouquets even bigger."

"What are you girls going on about?" Violet asks curious what we were whispering about and before I could get an answer in, Daphne beats me to it with, "Just simply telling her that Anthony doesn't need to be searching because he's already found his match."

"And I was simply reminding her that we're in a courtship, which means there's a chance he's going to find a better match, besides we haven't kissed yet," I said as Daphne sighed as if to say I'm possibly right, as much as she hates to admit her defeat in this battle.

I decided to be quiet about the kiss, mostly because it felt like a spur of the moment kind of thing and also, Anthony didn't mention anything about it to me during our last conversation. Almost felt like he wanted to forget it ever happened to begin with, so what am I doing, keeping another secret. Typical.
After I walk away from my spot near Violet and Daphne to help out with the leftover preparations, I looked back to see them talking and shrink into my thoughts about what they could be discussing now.

"I have taught you well," Violet says as she is pleased Daphne has learned so much in her new duty.

"If there is truly to be a proposal before the week is out, Anthony will need all the help he can get," Daphne responds before continuing, "Which I do hope he's only been sticking with the decision of choosing Y/N as his new Viscountess, you see how he looks at her whenever she's not looking."

"We shall see dear, but I fear he's still allowing parts of his fear interfere with his decisions," Violet says before she sighs, "The Queen is still trying to use her power to try to get Edwina and Anthony to marry."

Daphne drops her jaw in shock and sputters out, "W-w-what on Earth for? Can't she see Y/N and Anthony love each other? Do they know about her plans?" Violet shook her head no and whispers, "Y/N doesn't, Anthony doesn't want her to just yet and same with Edwina, she feels guilty enough about the whole thing."

"Do they have any plan to get her off their backs?" Daphne asks as Violet looks at her with a sadden look, "They do, and its not pleasing in the slightest due to the fact the Queen seems to not be backing down even with what we're doing now..."

"Mother, whatever do you mean-" Daphne says before Violet interrupts her with, "Anthony's going to start courting Edwina, and I'm not happy about it either."

"B-but Mama, it's going to break her heart," Daphne responds as tears start to build as Violet nods her head, "She-she has the right to know about all of this, let's go make her aware." Before Daphne could go to talk, Violet put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her to mention, "Anthony doesn't want her to know at all about the plan, what the Queen is doing."