Chapter 15

"Where's Lillian?" Max asked looking at the dining table, not noticing Lillian anywhere.

"Uhhhh." Laura dragged out looking at her husband nervously.

It has been months since Lillian apparently ran away and they haven't told her brother, Max, anything about it to not hurt him.

"She ran away." Vincent said, looking unbothered making Laura frown.

Maybe he is hiding his emotions....

"Ohh." Max dragged out while Lucy looked surprised.

This interaction made Laura frown deeper. Weren't they even a bit worried about Lillian?

Laura felt like she was missing something but she couldn't point out what. Maybe they all knew she was rebellious and this was a natural occurrence. But she couldn't just shake of the feeling that something wasn't right.

~~~~

3 WEEKS LATER

"Happy Birthday, baby." Stacy whispered into her sleeping daughter's ear, making said daughter giggle. Stacy kissed Riley's temple.

"Thanks mommy." Riley said in a hoarse voice indicating she just woke up.

She stretched her limbs as her mother pulled the curtains in her room letting the rays of the sun into the room.

"When does the party start?" She asked excitedly.

"You know it doesn't start till 7. There's 9 more hours." Stacy said making Riley whine.

"I'll go wake Lillian up." Riley said getting off her bed.

"Honey, don't you think you are getting too close to her." Stacy asked worried.

"She is my sister." Riley said with a frown.

"I know. I just don't want you to get hurt. Your sister doesn't seem that close to you." Stacy said but immediately regretted it when she noticed the hurt look on her daughter's face.

"Maybe she was abused that's why she isn't that close to anyone." She hurriedly explained trying to cheer her daughter up.

"But it's been 7 months." Riley pointed out, her eyebrows furrowed together

"Sometimes it takes longer to get over abuse. Sometimes people never get over it." Stacy said sitting on the bed beside Riley, rubbing her knee in a comforting manner.

"Do you think I'm bothering her?" Riley asked in hesitation.

"Absolutely not. I'm sure she loves you though she doesn't show it." Stacy guaranteed though she wasn't sure what she was saying was true.

Lillian was a person even her husband or her eldest son can't figure out. And they both are very good at reading people.

Though her husband did say she seemed harmless he wasn't too sure whether she was close to them.

He wondered how could anyone be so emotionless. He had never seen someone like her in the business world though it had all sorts of people in it.

"You think so?"

"I know so." Stacey assured her daughter.

~~~~

"Hey Lillian!" Riley said entering her room in a dejected tone, and threw herself on top of the bed.

"What's wrong?" Lillian asked taking her eyes off her book to look at her sister.

"Am I annoying you?" She asked burying her face in the pillow.

Lillian slightly frowned at that question. Why would she think that?

"No. Why?" Lillian muttered under her breath and asked.

Did someone tell her that she annoys me? Lillian wondered.

"Simply." She breathed out and twisted her body so she looked directly at her twin.

It's still creepy to see the face you see in the mirror, talk back to you.

"Ready to party?" Riley asked with a grin.

She saw the maids carrying in cakes and different types of cupcakes and chocolate, making her mouth water at the thought of them.

She wanted to eat them. NOW!!!

Lillian hummed.

She wasn't all that interested in partying. She can't even recall if she ever went to one in her entire life.

And when Riley asked her to choose a theme she just went with what her sister chose.

Which was a Halloween theme party. Hence, Riley couldn't wait to see how her classmates came dressed.