Chapter 26: Enter the Drama Queen

Old Master Yang walked over happily and smiled so widely that one could not see his eyes. "Lass Nian, you're finally here. When I called you, I was afraid that you wouldn't like the bustle and would reject me..."

When everyone heard this, they were so shocked that their eyeballs almost fell out!

Old Master Yang was a senior figure in Jiang City. Not only was he the founder of the Gan Kun Hall, but he was also the founder and president of the country's Antiques Association!

In the entire Jiang City, there were so many people trying to get close to him. However, no matter who it was, Yang Kun would reject them!

Everyone present was even more desperate to attend today's banquet! They had thought that they could establish a relationship with Yang Kun, but they did not expect that a young lady would beat them to it!

Most importantly, that little girl had an indifferent expression. She neither fawned over him nor was she overly arrogant!

This made everyone even more curious. Which family was this young lady from? Why had they never seen her before?

At a corner, Nian Chaoyu's face darkened when he saw Nian Yue. "Don't you find it embarrassing enough at home?! You actually came to the gala again!"

"Dad, don't be angry. Maybe it must be because Nian Yue was neglected too much when she was young. That's why she doesn't fit in at such an important event," Nian Yan explained in a timely manner.

After hearing her explanation, Nian Chaoyu's expression became much better. However, his gaze towards Nian Yue was still dark and he wished he could stare a hole through her back

How could Nian Yue not feel that family's murderous gaze? But the corners of her lips curled up slightly from the start to the end. She did not take the words of the other three to heart at all.

Nian Chaoyu finally couldn't stand it anymore. He walked over in large strides and forcefully suppressed his anger. "Old Master Yang, I'm sorry. My daughter came over wearing a school uniform today. I've embarrassed myself in front of you."

"Who are you?" Old Master Yang looked at him from head to toe and mocked him.

Nian Chaoyu originally wanted to use Nian Yue's relationship with Yang Kun to make his presence known. He never expected that he would be given a slap in the face by Yang Kun so rudely!

In an instant, Nian Chaoyu's face turned black, then red, then white. It was a myriad of colors.

"Hello, Old Master Yang. I am Nian Yan. I am Nian Yue's elder sister and this is my father." Nian Yan walked over slowly and explained to Old Master Yang with a smile, looking like a well-bred young lady.

When she saw Old Master Yang smiling so widely at Nian Yue, she was furious! She was just an uneducated wild girl from the countryside!

"I don't know you." Old Master Yang could not be bothered with pleasantries.

Nian Yan's expression was shattered for a moment. When she thought of the purpose of her visit today, she suppressed her emotions and explained, "Old Master Yang, you might have heard things from Yue Yue and misunderstood me and my father..."

This unhurried sentence made everyone's imagination run wild.

Although Old Master Yang was arrogant, he was not the type to make things difficult for others.

But he had mocked Nian Chaoyu when the latter went over to greet him.

Could it be that this young lady in school uniform had really bad-mouthed the Nian family in front of Old Master Yang?