Chapter 41: Blocked Signals

"I didn't expect the famous Captain Jiang to be hiding in such a small place..." The man in black sneered. His slender fingers revolved the small silver gun in his hand and pointed it directly at the cashier who was preparing to leave.

The man trembled in fear and almost cried.

The man in black pulled the trigger slightly. His red lips curled into a disdainful smile. "Ten minutes. If you don't come out, ten lives will be lost."

The silver pistol was aimed directly at the man at the cashier counter. The man cried. He was only working his shift. Why did he have to suffer such an undeserved catastrophe?

He might even lose his life

Two men walked over from behind the man in black. Each of them was wearing a mask. The difference between them and the man in black was that both of them exuded the aura of death.

'The internet cafe was already in a mess. No one had expected to lose their lives just by playing a round of computer games.

The other two men gathered the people in the internet cafe. The man in black then walked in with one hand in his pocket.

"Since you're not coming out, then I'll search one room at a time..." The man in black smirked and his sharp eyes glanced at the room closest to him.

Then, he walked in that direction.

'When Lin Nan, who was in the room, saw him coming over, he was so nervous that his heart was in his throat.

Even though he had seen with his own eyes that Nian Yue could fight against five people during, that man had a gun in his hand now.

Most importantly, there was a group of hostages outside.

"Contact the military to call the police as soon as possible..." Nian Yue narrowed her eyes and removed the bracelet on her wrist. The bracelet was quickly reassembled into a small pistol.

"There's no signal on my phone..." Lin Nan muttered as he took out his phone.

"You only have ten seconds. Jump out of the window and find help." Nian Yue curled her lips. The moment she finished speaking, the door to the room was pushed open.

"Hurry up," Nian Yue shouted in a low voice. The moment the door was pushed open, she had already made a move. The man seemed to have expected that someone would be there. He dodged to the side and pulled the trigger at Nian Yue!

However, Nian Yue suddenly grabbed his wrist and the pistol missed its target, hitting the window!

The sound of the window shattering could be heard!

The man didn't expect his opponent to be so powerful. When he saw Nian Yue, his eyes flashed with interest.

"Quite a lovely young lady. If only she didn't have a gun in her hand."

It was his first time meeting such a cold and beautiful girl. Her amber eyes were as beautiful as glass beads.

"You won't find me beautiful shortly." Nian Yue sneered. In the blink of an eye, she had already grabbed the man's neck and pressed the small pistol against his forehead.

"Ten seconds..." The man smiled, his dark green eyes as beautiful as a lake.

From the time he came in until he was captured by Nian Yue, it took exactly 10 seconds.

He glanced at the window. The window had been shattered and the boy had disappeared.

Lin Nan used a lot of strength to recover from jumping down from the second floor. Despite that, he was still injured.He ran as far as he could and looked at his phone. There was still no signal.

"Strange, it was fine just now. Why is there no signal"

"That's right. I wonder if there is something wrong with the lousy communication company..."

The pedestrians on the street were shaking their phones with impatience written all over their faces.

All the phone signals seemed to have disappeared!

Lin Nan looked at the passersby around him and realized they had the same problem.

Just then, Wang Zhizhi, who was carrying her school bag, saw Lin Nan and walked over. "Lin Nan, what are you standing here for?"
Seeing that it was her, Lin Nan's eyes lit up. "Is there a signal on your phone..."

Wang Zhizhi took out her phone, but there was no signal either.

If he wanted to contact the military, it would take him at least half an hour to drive there.

"Wang Zhizhi, the situation is urgent. Listen carefully. If you can do it, nod. If you can't, shake your head..." Lin Nan's eyes turned cold. In the end, he made up his mind and described the situation to her.

Wang Zhizhi's eyes narrowed when she heard that. She immediately opened her bag and sat on the chair beside her. She took out her laptop. "Sure, I'll try my best."

She switched on her laptop and went straight to the remote server, her fingers typing rapidly on the keyboard.

The other students walked past them after school. The leader was Chen Yiran. He seemed to be in better spirits, not seeing Nian Yue around Lin Nan.

He had originally thought that Lin Nan and Nian Yue would have a good relationship, but now it seemed like that was all.

He knew it. How could Lin Nan fall for a fool like Nian Yue?

"Hello, Young Master Lin, when did you change your taste? Where's that idiot from the Nian Family?" a classmate with Chen Yiran asked bluntly.

"shut up." Lin Nan glared at him. "Don't block my way."

His temper was not good to begin with. It was only when he was Nian Yue's follower that his temper got better.

Chen Yiran's classmate didn't expect Lin Nan to be as arrogant as ever. He didn't manage to utter a single word after being told off and his expression was extremely ugly.

Wang Zhizhi was very fast. In two minutes, she had already contacted the military.

At the military headquarters, the person in the lead was holding a black phone that was the size of a palm. The screen of the phone was not turned off, and one could vaguely see a girl's side profile. Because of the backlight, he could only see that the side profile was so pale that it was glowing.

"Young Master Jiang..."

Officer Lu was on the verge of tears. He only knew Jiang Jincheng among these two, but judging from their formation, that man's aura was even stronger than Jiang Jincheng's, making it hard for him to breathe.

"Is the system down today?" Fu Xiuyuan raised his eyebrows slightly, his eyes fluctuating.

"Yes..." Officer Lu nodded." We've found out that the IP address is near No.1 Middle School, but we haven't located it yet..."

"Is Jiang Su's disciple that lousy?" Fu Xiuyuan sneered, his eyes filled with disdain.

Officer Lu's face turned red, but he did not dare to retort.

This man's aura was so strong that one would subconsciously obey him.

"Officer Lu, someone sent us a distress call... It's from an internet cafe near No.1 Middle School..." Someone rushed over to report.

"The criminals must have entered the internet cafe nearby and taken the hostages. There are no signals within five kilometers of the school.

Hearing that person's report, the man who was sitting on the chair just now stood up and walked out in large strides.