5

Kirishima and Midoriya laid together, in the grass at a park between their houses and the school. It was a beautiful day outside, and they had decided to hang out there rather than at either of their houses for the change of scenery.

“What if our other soulmate’s Bakugo?” Kirishima asked out of nowhere.

“Why would it be Kacchan? I feel like I’d know after knowing him so long, and he seems so… I don’t know.”

“That day you had a test to make up during lunch, I sat with him, and he had this weird bandage on his arm, under his shirt and wouldn’t tell me what it was. Same place where we got the flowers when we were getting boba.” Midoriya hummed along, listening to his boyfriend, but still being unsure - how could it be Bakugo without them already knowing? “And last night…”

“What happened last night?” Midoriya asked. “Other than there being no relapses for the first time in weeks.”

“Oh my god I didn’t even notice,” Kirishima said with a gasp. “Last night, Bakugo called me. I didn’t see it ‘til four, but when I did, I called him. I asked him if he was safe and he said no - he said that earlier he wasn’t safe with other people, but when I was calling him he wasn’t safe with himself. It all just seemed so off for him. I ended up staying on the phone for a while, telling him a story as a distraction.”

“That’s either a weird as hell coincidence or not a coincidence at all,” Midoriya responded.

“I don’t want Bakugo to be struggling with self-harm, but also… He is pretty hot, and I would not mind a single bit if he was our soulmate,” Kirishima said, successfully lightening the mood a bit.

“Ooooh do you have a crush on Bakugo?” Midoriya teased, pulling out the length of his words.

Kirishima was silent for a second before continuing saying, “Only a bit.” When he spoke, his face turned nearly as bright red as his hair, and Midoriya could evidently tell it was a bit more than ‘only a bit’.

}{

“What’s going on, ‘Izu?” Kirishima asked. It was close to midnight, and Midoriya was calling Kirishima.

They did it again this evening, you know?, Midoriya whispered, his voice distorted again through the phone.

“Yeah, I know.” Kirishima paused. “Was something different than usual? That I didn’t notice?”

I- Well… Nothing on their end…

“So something on our end then?”

I never told you… I’ve never done what… they do… but I get urges sometimes. And tonight when they did it… I got a really bad urge to do it too…

“Izu… Do you need me to come over?”

No no, just, can you please stay on the phone with me, and talk to me?

“Of course I can. Is there anything you want to talk about?”

I don’t feel like talking… But could you tell me a story? Until I can fall asleep?

“Okay, we’ll do that. I’m gonna hang up and call you back on facetime, kay?”

Less than thirty seconds later, Kirishima’s concerned face appeared on Midoriya’s phone screen.

“So, you want me to tell a story? While you try to go to sleep?” Kirishima asked, to which Midoriya just nodded.

Okay, so, there’s a train. It’s all dark and dreary, no passengers at all. The only person in the train - or thing I should say - is the driver. He’s tall and skinny, shoulders and elbows poking out in odd directions. His whole body is a blue-ish gray, and the entire front of his face is flat. They have no nose or mouth, at least that we can see. Instead, his face is taken up by two vacant eyeballs, the shapes of tall ovals. He doesn’t know who he used to be, just that he used to be someone. He thinks that maybe he used to be a passenger, rather than being the driver.

Just as he thinks that, the door of the train slides open, and a passenger walks inside. He looks to see that it’s a boy. The boy, Lou, has dark hair shaven down to his scalp, and sunken eyes with a look of utter desperation. His shirt is gray, thin and faded from how many times it has been worn and washed. The driver waves, yet knows Lou won’t wave back. He waves to all the passengers, even though he knows they can’t see him. The driver thinks, maybe that's how he became the driver. Maybe, he was a passenger. One who did wave back to the old driver.

Kirishima pauses for a moment, looking at the phone and seeing that his boyfriend fell asleep. He sighed, laying down, still staring at the phone. Why hadn’t Midoriya told him until now, that he sometimes felt the same way as their soulmate did. Whatever the reason was, Kirishima was just glad Midoriya had felt safe enough to call him and ask for a distraction.
}{
wc: 850
ty for reading :)