6

Midoriya sat alone in his bedroom, close to midnight. Even if he wasn't in his bedroom, he would still be alone. His dad was never home, as he worked out of the country. He'd never been a bad father in the sense of hitting Midoriya or saying bad things about him, he'd just practically never been a father at all. His mother tried her best and he loved her for it, but often she had to take long and/or overnight shifts that left Midoriya all alone for hours of the night.

When he was younger, he had had urges to harm himself, but when his soulmate started, they had gone away for the most part. But for some reason, over the past few weeks, they had been coming back. The previous night, after their soulmate relapsed, he really had nearly done it. He had gotten a blade and everything, but then instead, he called Kirishima. He would feel bad having to call Kirishima about this two nights in a row, but he didn't know what else to do.

When his soulmate began doing it - just after midnight, like clockwork - Midoriya couldn't bring himself to call Kirishima. Instead, as the flowers were coming out of his torso and legs, he lifted up the blade and quickly ripped it across his thigh, hoping that the flowers would blend in on Kirishima's end, so he would never have to know. Midoriya pulled the blade across three more times, watching the blood seep out of his legs and onto his sheets. Midoriya was a bit too preoccupied watching his own blood slowly drip down his thighs, but after the first cut, his soulmate had abruptly stopped creating new injuries, and the flowers had slowed down to a stop. It felt stranger than Midoriya had imagined so many times before when he had urges or when his soulmate had been doing it. As he pulled the blade across, it felt as if it got hooked on his skin with tiny barbs. For a moment, it turned white, before filling in with deep red blood. Did that mean he went too deep? The first few seconds it didn't even seem to hurt, but then just a few seconds later, his leg began burning, feeling as if his leg had caught fire.

}{

Bakugo sat in his bathroom in the dark. His parents had already gone to bed, so he didn't want to wake them with the light. As the blade was set against his side, something strange and brightly colored caught his eye. Looking down to the floor, he saw a deep purple flower. Pulling his bottoms away from his thighs, Bakugo could see flowers falling from one line across his thigh. What happened? Was it Deku or Kirishima? Then a second line was drawn across his thigh. And then a third. He's hurting himself, isn't he? Bakugo threw his blade onto the counter and picked up a handful of flowers. Weren't injuries usually just petals? Unless they were more than just scuffs from training, but these were full blown flowers. Are they going to be okay? Did they go too deep?

Bakugo tried his best to not cry, but he couldn't do it. Hot messy tears fell down his face and snot covered his whole upper lip as Bakugo began sobbing into the nearest cloth item he could grab, which happened to be a t-shirt. It's my fault, isn't it? They wouldn't have done that if I hadn't started it first. God, I hate myself for doing that to them.

}{

"Weren't the flowers last night a bit weird?" Kirishima asked the next day as Kirishima and Midoriya were eating their lunches.

"How were they weird?" Midoriya asked, trying to sound nonchalant and make sure that Kirishima didn't find out he had done it too.

"There were two kinds of flowers. That's only happened two or three times before."

"Huh. That's weird." Midoriya paused. "You want to go to dinner sometime this week?" Midoriya said, doing his best to shift the attention away from last night's flowers.

"Sounds good to me," Kirishima said, placing his hand on Midoriya's thigh and squeezing. Midoriya just tried hiding his grimace with a smile as he bit the inside of his cheek to prevent any visible reaction to how bad Kirishima's hand hurt.

}{

Bakugo sat in the lunchroom, just a few tables away from Midoriya and Kirishima. Which one of them was it? Kirishima seemed to be acting fairly normal - and so did Midoriya. They did already have three soulmates instead of two, so maybe there was a fourth soulmate. Maybe it wasnt Midoriya or Kirishima who did that to themselves. Though Bakugo didn't want someone else to struggle with what he struggled with, he couldn't help but wish they had a fourth soulmate. Every time he imagined Midoriya or Kirishima, alone, beginning to do the same thing he had for years now, he felt like he was going to vomit. It was his fault, he knew it was. He wasn't one for all that soft fluffy bullshit, but he wanted someone to be there for them. He knew he couldn't be that one - he couldn't let himself get close to Midoriya or Kirishima, but he hoped that whoever wasn't the one to do it knew. He hoped they would help.

Then, Midoriya made a weird face. Kirishima didn't seem to have noticed, but Bakugo sure as hell did, and to him, it looked like Midoriya was in pain. His eyes floated down to Midoriya's thigh, where the cuts would be, and saw Kirishima's hand placed over them, squeezing his thigh. It looked like a normal gesture of affection, which was pretty typical between soulmates, and from Kirishima's face that did seem to be his intent, yet Midoriya's grimace told another story. It's Deku. It's fucking Deku. And Kirishima doesn't know.

Bakugo felt like he was going to puke again. He felt the bile rising in his throat and tears building in the corners of his eyes as he rushed out of the cafeteria and towards the bathroom, leaving his food tray behind with nearly a full serving of lunch left on it.

}{
wc: 1000

ty for reading!

3 chapters in one day >:)