Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Eight

"So, the keeper try-outs are on friday" George said, wiggling his eyebrows at Lee.
The four of us were in the boys' dorm, throwing around a prototype of the fizzling firework ball between us.
"Why are you wiggling your eyebrows at me?"
"Did you ever want to try step out from the role of announcer? Play instead?" Fred asked, throwing the firework to me with a spin.
I laughed, "Lee? Play keeper?"
"Oi! You think you can do better?"
"Oh, absolutely I could."
He guffawed, hand on his chest in offence, "I'd like to see you try!"

"He guffawed, hand on his chest in offence, "I'd like to see you try!"

"Yep. Ok." I said, a sarcastic smile on my face, "Let's go. Quidditch pitch, right now."
George looked between us, smile growing on his face, "You two are serious?"
Fred laughed then, rubbing his hands together with glee, "Oh this'll be good."
I jumped to my feet, "Come on then."
The three of them followed me to the common room, "Hey Angie! Can we borrow you?"
"What for?"
"We need you to judge a bet for us."
She quirked a brow, but stood up, "I'm guessing this is quidditch related?"
"They're seeing who the better keeper is" Fred grinned, "Apparently us judging it wouldn't be fair."
"You both have biases," I argued, walking towards the portrait as I rolled my sleeves up, "I need to know that when I beat him, it's completely above board."
"Hey!"

"FIFTH SAVE IN A ROW!" Angelina called out, clapping as I blew her a kiss from my broom.
Fred yelled from the stands, clapping as loud as he could, "That's my girl!"
"Eat shit, Jordan!"
"Oh please - I can do better in my sleep!" He responded, "Hit me, Angie!"
I watched as he saved four hoops in a row, jeering him as Angelina lined up the last throw.
He saved it, much to George's loud delight, and flashed a grin at me challengingly.
"I'm going to make you eat your words - you'll see!"

By the time the sun had begun to set, Angelina had to call a draw.
"Okay, but seriously if i don't see the two of you at try-outs friday ..."
Lee and I exchanged glances, shrugging in unison.
"I'm good as the commentator, you?"
"Yeah, Im good."
"Cool."
"Cool."
Angelina tutted, but conceded, "A waste, but alright."
Fred laughed, throwing his arm over my shoulders proudly. George waited until Angelina turned back towards the castle, linking his pinky finger with Lee's behind the shorter man's back.
"That was bloody amazing" George said, bumping shoulders with Lee, "You've got way better since the tennis ball accident."
"I'd hope so! That was years ago"
"But you'll never escape it," I grinned.
"What are you talking about?" Angelina asked, turning back around, "The tennis accident?"
"Oh Merlin! It was one time!"

That night, I waited until the girls had fallen asleep before closing the curtains around my bed, placing a silencing charm.
With a quick lumos, I took out Sirius' instructions and the package I had received that morning, laying them out on the bed.
Taking a deep breath, I set my wand down, opening the package eagerly.
Out fell a mandrake leaf, a silver teaspoon and a crystal phial (the latter wrapped in a special bag - Sirius' lettering on the front instructing me not to open until it was needed). With it was another letter.

Emily,
If you're still determined to become an animagus, I've acquired some of the items you'll require.
Please be aware that you still need to find a Death's-head Hawk Moth chrysalis, and to harvest "dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched" with the silver teaspoon provided.
I know I've stressed this many times, but you must do your mindfulness exercises. That was the bit I struggled with the most.
Full instructions are attached.

Good luck and don't be an idiot,
Padfoot.

P.S. rumour has it Severus has moth parts in his stores - you didn't hear that from me.

P.P.S. I highly recommend you learn the semi-permanent sticking charm before putting the leaf in your mouth - choking on a mandrake leaf in your sleep is not only an unpleasant experience, it means you have to wait for the next full moon to restart.

P.P.P.S. That last piece of advice is definitely based off of a hypothetical situation that did not happen to me. At all.