Ch. 8 Spellbound Is a Bitch

Inside his head, that is where he was and only was. He could think, but he could not control his actions on the outside.

Ray could not believe that a witch was controlling him; by Nurse Melinda Grovers no less!

He hoped his friends could find a way to save him from this. And be it soon because, right now, he was making out with a half-naked Ms. Grovers.

Why was she doing this? How could anyone force another person unto this, whether it be spell cast or not?

How do they not realize or understand this fictional love was not the true love they were searching for? Oh, how he longed to be back in Victoria's arms! To feel her body against his. To taste her mouth. To feel her true love.

Please hurry, Egon, Pete, Winston. Please don't let Grovers control me for any longer than a day. Then to the love of his life, he thought, I love you, Victoria.

Because it was useless to try and fight the control Melinda's spell had on him, Ray put himself into a daydream where it was Victoria pushing him onto the bed and doing things to him instead. His arms were around her lower back, ever so slightly stroking the small of her back. Ray began to hear Victoria's voice. He fell further into the daydream to where it felt unquestionably as if his girlfriend was indeed there.

Though Ray imagined Victoria's voice, he heard the witch speak, and he hoped he could not and would not be able to reply with an unwanted answer, but instead, respond with his own after hearing what she said. "You'll be mine wholly, soon enough, Ray. As days go by, the spell will take full effect, and you'll love me for real," Melinda put her hands all over his chest and kissed him. "You'll no longer love that so-called girlfriend of yours. She'll just be a forgotten past, a mistake." His body's response was a deeper kiss which made Ray, on the inside, want to puke.

What he wanted to say aloud but was not permitted to was, I'll never be yours full-heartedly, even if the spell took full effect. My friends and girlfriend will never give up on getting me back.

****

Venkman and Spengler got back to the Ecto, where Zeddemore still waited. Before Winston could ask what was going on with Ray, Egon beat him to it by saying, "we need to get to the library and see if they have any spellbooks on hand."

"Spellbooks?" Winston asked, confused as he got into the backseat.

"Yeah. Apparently, Nurse Grovers is an evil witch," Peter answered, getting into the driver's seat.

"Damn! I knew something was off about her."

"We all may have noticed something off about her, but we didn't expect her to be this far off," Egon said

"You got that right," Winston agreed. "I've never met a witch before."

"I have met some good Wiccans," Egon responded.

"When was this?" Peter asked.

"It was before I met you and Ray. I was curious about what they do in their practices, so I was able to sit on the sidelines and watch them work."

"Oh." Venkman nodded his head slowly as he turned to look out the windshield. He wanted to ask more about that but decided against it. Was Ms. Grovers once a good witch, or has she always been this way?

Peter was worried about Ray, and he knew the others were too. He hoped they would be able to save him.

"So, what did Grovers do to Ray?" Winston asked.

Pete told him the story.

"Shouldn't we tell Victoria?"

"I'm going to call HQ when we get to the library," Peter answered.