Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Two

Emily,

Yes, the leaf does taste like shit. There's really no avoiding that I'm afraid.
Now I trust you've got the rest of the ingredients in time for the full moon - this whole process is very time sensitive. If you fuck it up you will have to restart the whole thing.

Padfoot

P.S. I'm going insane in this house. Quite literally more insane than Azkaban made me, which is funny when you think about it.
Even dead, my darling mother leeches more life out of me than bloody dementors.

Mouthing the counter curse, I picked the mandrake leaf out of my mouth, nose crumpling at the sight of the soggy leaf. As carefully as i could, I put it, along with a freshly picked hair from my head, into the crystal phial that Sirius sent.
Finally I added the chrysalis and one silver teaspoon of dew from the bottle I had collected earlier that week.
The mixture looked truly awful, but I bit back the disgust and stowed the half finished potion back in my trunk.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND POTTER?"
"Uh oh, angry Angelina alert" Beth said in a sing-songy voice.
"He's got detention for another week," I explained, wincing as she began shouting again, "She's at her wits end."
Miles tried, and failed, to hide his smile.
"You could try not to look so happy, Miles."
"I would say I'm sorry... but i'm not"
Connor approached the table, the Sterling twins flanking his sides, "You guys remember Link and Lucinda, right?"
"How could we forget?" Ebony asked, smiling at the two kindly, "How did you guys do on your OWLs?"
"We did pretty well" Link grinned, "Got all As and above."
Lucinda smirked, "I got one O more than him."
"You know, you don't have to bring that up every time someone asks"
"Umm, yeah I do."
"Come sit down, we were just talking about quidditch."
"Really? These two were thinking of trying for the Slytherin team," Connor said.
"Bit late in the term for that, isn't it?"
"Try outs were weeks ago."
Link shrugged, "Some guys dropped out the team, I don't really know why."
Beth hummed thoughtfully, "Well, good luck both of you. If you make it, you'll be facing Miles and I out there."
Lucinda looked both Beth and Miles up and down, a smirk on her face, "I don't think that'll be an issue."

Connor burst into laughter, "That's fighting talk

Connor burst into laughter, "That's fighting talk."
"I know some kids did not just say that to us" Beth said, eyebrows raised so high they looked like they'd fly off of her face any second.
"Fighting words indeed" Miles said, eyes narrowed. "Very well then, you better get on that team so we can destroy you."
"Oh we'll get on the team" Link shrugged cockily, "You'll see."
Ebony and I exchanged amused glances as Connor continued to laugh.
"You know, I'm starting to think we'll be leaving the pranking duties in good hands," I said, nodding at them approvingly, "Juice?"

In the common room that evening, the twins and Lee and rushed off somewhere, taking the map with them.
Deciding to go and bother Hermione, I wiggled my way on to the seat beside her, "What's going on, pretty perfect prefects?"
Ron groaned, "Can you stop calling me that?"
"What? It's a compliment!" I grinned, "I'm very proud that you are trusted with responsibilities."
Hermione rolled her eyes at me, but answered anyway, "We're just waiting for Harry to get back."
"From detention?"
"Yeah, he-" she broke off, exchanging a glance with Ron. They had a silent debate for a few moments, before she turned back to me, "Just thought we should support him, when he gets back."
I looked at the two of them weirdly, "Something else is going on here. Spill."
Ron leaned forwards, voice low, "She's bloody torturing him."
"What?"
Hermione shushed me, glaring at Ron.
"It's not like i'm lying!" he said, offended, "She really is."
"She's an awful woman," Hermione explained, frowning, "She makes him write with an inkless quill"
"Not the ones that draw from your own blood, surely!"
Ron nodded eagerly, "Exactly that!"
"They were banned from use for-"
"Do you really think she cares about that?" Hermione countered.
I whistled lowly, "He's already had a weeks worth, with another whole week..."
"It's bad isn't it?" Hermione asked anxiously, gnawing at her bottom lip.
"Wait here."
I stood up abruptly, rushing up to my dorm and grabbing a phial, before returning with it hidden under the sleeve of my jumper.
Slipping it into Hermione's hand, I spoke, "Put that in a bowl, have him dip his hand into it."
"Murtlap essence?" Hermione asked, taking a peek at the yellow liquid.
I nodded, Hermione listing off its healing properties when Ron looked at me weirdly.
"I'm sure he won't appreciate me knowing about it, especially if he's bottled it up this long, so I'll leave you to wait for him. Just-" I trailed off, sighing tiredly, "That troll should not be allowed to get away with this."
Hermione clenched her hands in her lap, thunderous look on her face, "She won't."