The Ties That Keep Us Together, Tear Us Apart.

"We haven't changed a thing," my mom said as she opened the doors. My fathers old friend from before the island stood in the corner, wearing a black suit with a plain button-up white shirt underneath. "Welcome back, Matthew." I froze up a little, realizing what it meant that he was here in my house. "Matt, you remember Dave, right? He worked at your fathers families company." My mom said. "Uh.. yeah." I responded, reaching out to shake his hand. "I do hope you'll be joining us for dinner, Matthew." Dave said.

I smiled and gave a slight nod. "Where's Liz?" I asked, 'looking' around the room. My mother cleared her throat, and looked down, as if she was speaking to the wood floor. "It's, um. It's been really difficult for your sister ever since you went missing." She began to say. "Mom. Where is she?" said, sternly. "I honestly do not know, Matthew. Last time I spoke to her she was staying at her boyfriends house. I'll text her to see if she will be joining us for dinner."

I sighed, and shook my head. "How could you let her just go off and do whatever she wants when she wants? She's 17." I said, as I walked towards the door. "Where are you going? You haven't even gone upstairs yet." My mom asked.
"There's still someone I need to see." I replied back.
"And who would that be?" Dave asked me, as he headed back towards the kitchen.
"Trent." I replied.