100

"Suddenly, I feel very out of place."

My gaze focused on Pandora. Her brows knit and her eyes narrowed. Well, it is pretty displacing to be partying with students after graduating from said students' school. From what I could assume...

"Right?" Xenophilius murmured with distaste.

He seemed to melt further into the cushions. His thick lashes fluttered as his glance flickered between rowdy Gryffindors. Regretfully, I have to agree. Ever since we got back here and my identity was revealed, I felt outcasted. It's not like they made me feel like it. Just being with my friends after undergoing something completely non-teenage-like is just... different.

"Why don't you go hang out, Cry?" Dora suggested.

I inhaled deeply, suppressing a sigh. The school year is nearly over in a few months. Shouldn't they be studying for their N.E.W.T.s? While I'm honored they threw this party in my name, it just takes away from all the urgency of the actual situation.

"This just doesn't feel right," I confessed.

"Just take the night off. If You-Know-Who comes for you, it won't be tonight. Hopefully," Xenophilius grumpily urged.

"You're just saying that to stop me from third wheeling," I complained.

"That too. Go away," he retorted.

With a huff, I stood. Sending him a glare with a scrunched nose, I pat down my velvet dress. The side of his mouth tilted with a victorius smirk in response. Pandora gave a 'bye-bye' as she wrapped her arm across his shoulders.

Whipping my head to the side with defiance, I made my way into the horde. The secluded loveseat the three of us that were previously huddled in already is something I miss. Nonetheless, I began my search for my puppy.

The weather these past few days has made a complete 180° from the week Sirius was hospitalized. The air grew warmer and the spring of early May transitioned into summer. I went from wearing ear muffs to tank tops.

"Miss Phoenix?" I heard.

Immediately, I sensed him before he even touched me. His hand on my back, his nose nestled in the curve of my neck, and the overwhelming scent of lemonade. The sweet and sour smell went to my brain just as quickly as the saliva gathered at my molars.

"Mister Black?" I breathed out.

The hand from the mid of my back ran to my hip, gently moving me around. Now, I made contact with his grey irises. The stars of his constellation that fell into his eyes left me speechless. His pupils dilated and my heart beat faster.

"Representing our house color, I see. You look beautiful," he told.

"Thank you. You always said this was your favorite dress of mine. Thought I'd wear it for...you," I replied.

"For me?" he mused.

"For you," I repeated.

Padfoot placed his index finger under my chin. My hair fell behind my shoulders as I stared up at him. The skin of my throat exposed. Closing my eyes, I awaited something. Anything.

His mouth melded into mine. His tongue traced my lip liner and the taste of firewhiskey made my head spin. He groaned into the kiss, his hip bones pressed close to the fabric of my little dress.

"Cry," he whispered against my lips.

I interlocked my arms around his neck. His hand positioned between my shoulder blades. God, he's perfect.

"Sirius," I playfully whispered back.

As if he could get any deeper, he turned his head to the side and his other hand pushed me in by my nape. Strands of my hair trapped under his palm. My breathing shortened and it got sloppy. Our teeth clashed and my stomach swirled with a burning desire.

I pulled back, loosening my grip in his hair. I nearly laughed at how swollen his lips were. I say nearly because I'm sure I look just as lust ridden. His eyes glittered with a movie-like essence.

"I'm in love with you," he shyly said.

Stiffening, I felt my whole face go on fire. No way he just said that right here. Blinking tremendously, I pushed him away. He seemed to be holding back his smile, a light blush on his cheeks as well.

"Shut up, Padfoot. I'm going to find Lily and totally not tell her your darkest secrets, bye," I spluttered.

He laughed, patting my waist as a farewell. I bit my lip with nervousness when he bid a last remark, "Come back to me soon."

Sirius is... a piece of work. I didn't think we were going to full on make out in front of a bunch of people. Not that I'm complaining; he left me breathless.

"That was disgusting, how could you do that in front of me?" Remus deadpanned.

I shrieked. Quite honestly, I could die right now. Get the rope, someone, please...

"Moony! When— when did you get here? Enjoying the party, are you? How about a drink?" I stuttered in embarrassment.

"I could go for a cup of bleach, thank you," he responded.

My goodness, this is a nightmare. I was hoping everyone was too drunk to notice us. Seems like there's always a Marauder around the corner to witness something. But really, I shouldn't be surprised. With pranksters, you have to be adept at observing the right moments.

"Unbelievable," I muttered.

"Yeah, the two of you. You're lucky I'm a nice person and won't use it against you. Well, maybe," he scolded.

"Nice? Moony, you're far from it," I mocked.

"That's why I said maybe. Now go get us some drinks so we can go talk about what you said at the hospital," he ordered with his nose in the air.

During my party? This is a devious tactic he's using against me. How dare he?

"Fine," I grunted.

-lana
yay 100 chapters