chapter 116

We have arrived in California and were currently in line to get a rental car. The flight here wasn't too bad, it was quiet and uneventful. I slept pretty much the whole time so I'm not sure what Ryujin did to keep herself busy.

As soon as we landed, I called Rosé to ask about the kids since this is the first time I'm gonna be away from them for this long. She reassures that everything will be fine and that I should enjoy my quality time with Ryujin.

It does feel weird to be out and not have a kid to tend to. I don't have to carry so many things which is a plus. No diaper bag or snack bags or even a bag full of toys.

"Babe, you ready to go?" I hear Ryujin ask me. I didn't even realize that she already got a car. I was so lost in my own thoughts.

"Babe?" I ask since she doesn't normally call me that, usually she says love.

"I just wanted to try it out" she smiles at me.

We walk to our rental and she opens the door for me then she puts our luggage in the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Well I was gonna ask you what you want to do. My cousin invited us for dinner but if you're too tired then we can go to our hotel. Its not a big deal since were gonna visit them tomorrow anyways" Ryujin informs me.

Were not really staying in this area. We're just here to meet her cousins so a few days for now, we're gonna go to the resort where our honeymoon is gonna be at.

"If we go tonight then it would just be my cousins then tomorrow there will be more people because her cousins from her dad's side wants to meet you too" she says to me as she starts to drive.

"Why?" I question.

"Well two of them is actually my god sisters and I spent a lot of my summers here while in school so we became close" Ryujin explains.

"Then we have dinner with your cousins so that way it won't be hectic and it will give you time to catch up with each other" I say.

She looks at me, "You're the best wife ever. You know that?"

"I still can't believe I'm your wife" I chuckle.

"Believe it darling" she laughs.

"Are you just trying all sorts of names now?"

"Maybe. I feel like it would be too cheesy to refer to you as my everything" she looks ahead acting like what she said wasn't cheesy but I fall for her cheesiness all the time.

"I hope we can be like this forever. Just having fun even if it's just the two of us" I say.

"Why can't we? Don't we get to control how we are with each other?" Ryujin glances at me then her eyes are back on the road.

"We do but I'm sure we won't be like this."

"Nope, I won't allow it. We will always be like this and I'll make sure of it but I'm sure there won't be a lot of time where it would just be the two of us after this. Eva and Ervin will be with us for years" she says.

"I feel so relieved to have someone with me to raise the kids. I was so afraid how they would turn out. I'm afraid that I'll fail them" I exhale loudly.

She takes off her right hand from the steering wheel and places it on my knee, "Even if you were alone or with someone terrible, I believe the kids would still turn out great. I know you wouldn't allow them to become bad people and I know you'll always be there to support them. You shouldn't doubt your abilities, love. You're an amazing mother and if I have to remind you that every day then I would gladly do so" she glances at me while occasionally squeezing my knee for assurance.