𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘~𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Hold Me ~ Lyrah

I woke up in the early hours of dawn due to my four am alarm buzzing by the nightstand.

I groggily sat up, reaching over to hover my hand over the sensor on the top of the digital, electronic clock. It immediately stopped, and I sighed deeply as I sat in the silent darkness.

Yves hadn't been back for a good one week and three days. He had gone on a last minute business trip, as Aiden had told me.

I didn't know how long I had to feel ashamed, upset, confused and sad. I was tired of crying every night, tired of trying to call his number and not getting any response at all.

I was tired of having dinner without him at the table. It didn't feel the same, the bed was cold every night and morning, I had no one to share my deepest insecurities with and I had no one to constantly kiss me and tell how unbelievably beautiful I was.

What broke my heart the most was how Ocean was always crawling to his father's office, in search of the tall, handsome man who would smile at him and carry him from the fluffy black rug. The man that would teach him how to say a new word and help him stand by the crystalline coffee table.

'Da-da' his voice would echo in the deathly silence. In the depressing stillness of the atmosphere.

Often, he'd whimper, on the verge of a breakdown, or find something minuscule to occupy himself in his father's office, giggling to himself in hopes that the same man would come back to feed him or put him to sleep.

I got out of bed, my legs shaking slightly due to the freezing cold weather outside. I had to be at work by five am today since I was finalising my position as a real estate agent. I loved my job, and it distracted me from my problems.

I headed to Ocean's room and as soon as I turned on the lights, his greyish gold eyes fluttered open. He began to giggle when he caught sight of me, slowly rolling over to sit up in his spacious crib. He was two now.

"Ma!" His thrilled baby voice lightened up my world in a millisecond.

"Good morning my baby," I cooed while leaning down to give him a kiss. Ocean gave me a wide baby smile, which melted my heart almost instantly and reminded me why I needed to be strong.

He was one of only reasons I had a purpose in my life. The reasons why I had to live. I had to live and be strong for my God-sent son.

I bathed and dressed him up in an all-black tracksuit with matching tiny shoes and a beanie. He cooed incoherently all the while, and I thought he was the most adorable human I'd ever seen.

After taking a nice hot shower with Ocean in his usual bathroom cushion, I headed to the closet and got dressed in some beige leggings, a long-sleeved matching thick sweater then some white sneakers.