- ; [ 040 ]

CHAPTER 40 WE'RE PROGRESSING FAST 😍😍😍😍😍😍

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

Thankfully, Landre had managed to convince Navier to let his division protect her until she had an official escort.

It was something that put you more at ease, so it's been easier to sleep at night.

Nian was gaining more and more attention in high society as well, with her being a foreigner and having breath taking looks, it was easier for her to progress and climb up.

Everything was going well.

But there was only one thing bothering you.

Everytime Nian and Landre visited you and Navier, they were always so lovey dovey—smiling at each other so tenderly, stealing glances at each other, and making one another blush.

God, when is it my turn?

You sigh out, resting your chin on your hand.

The gardens in the Western Kingdom are just as beautiful as those in the Eastern Empire, but it felt rather lonely to admire the beauty all lone.

"What are you sighing about?"

Koshar's voice makes you jump in surprise. He chuckles, pulling the chair across from you and taking a seat, acting as if he hasn't been avoiding you since you've entered the Palace.

You glare at him, "Why are you here?"

He sweats bullets, "T-to see you of course.."

"You weren't so keen on seeing me for the past few days, why now?" You huff and turn your gaze away from him, earning a whine from the blond.

It's like this for a moment, neither of you refusing to speak unless the other uttered a word.

Koshar sighs, knowing he was in the wrong this time around.

"I felt bad for causing you trouble, so I avoided you and Navier.." He finally admits, brightening up when you meet his eyes.

"Haven't we both been the ones causing trouble? Since when were you the only trouble magnet?" You ask him, wondering if he'd just suddenly forgotten all the moments both of you spent and threw them away.

He knew you wouldn't mind if he did cause any trouble, so why was he avoiding you now?

"Truthfully, I.." He hesitates, furrowing his eyebrows, "After I got exciled, Farang came here. And when I asked about you, he said you looked so sickly and stressed that he thought you were at death's door."

Ah, that was when you found out about Sovieshu wanting to marry Navier.

"I felt bad, it was clearly my fault for keeping you up at night trying to find a way to bring me back.." He looks down in shame and guilt, fumbling with his fingers

He panics when you don't respond, immediately looking back up for a reaction and looking surprised when you're smiling at him so softly.

"I wasn't sleepless because of you, at the time, I found out Sovieshu was planning to divorce Navier so I tried to find solutions." You speaks when he finally stops drowning in his self guilt.