Chapter 8 Pit Stop

No one's POV

As, Sora, Hajime, Yue, Aishia, and Shea were on there way towards the Raisen Gorge Labyrinth, the 5 of them decided to take a pit stop on a nearby village. Eventually, when they reached the town, two armored men came out of the huts on either side of the gate. They were covered in simple leather breastplates, and the longswords strapped to their waist were the only arms they carried. Rather than soldiers, they looked more like adventurers. They called for Sora and Hajime to stop.

Guard: Halt. Show us your status plates, and tell us what you're here for.

Standard procedure. The guards knew it too, and didn't seem all that alert. Both Sora and Hajime dutifully took out his status plate and offered it to one of the guards.

Sora: We're mostly here to stock up on supplies. And to sell material.

Hajime: We're on a journey.

Guard: Then you both should go to the adventurer's guild. You'll get a map of the village there, should be useful.

The soldier-adventurer hmm'd disinterestedly and took a look at their status plate. His eyes went wide. He quickly held it up to the light, then rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. Realizing what must have happened, Sora and Hajime knew they must have forgotten to disguise their stats.

Guard: T-They're all over 10,000...? Both of them! And how many skills are threre?!

Hajime: Shit, we forgot to hide them...

There actually was a skill that let one alter the numbers on one's status plate. Adventurers and soldiers made use of it extensively as having their information get out to the wrong people could be fatal. A dozen different lies flashed through the back of Sora's mind, so he just picked one at random.

Sora: We were attacked by monsters a while back. It's been broken ever since.

Guard: I never heard of damage like this though...

It was only natural. Not only was level listed as unknown, but his stats and skills were utterly ridiculous. Status plates could break, but usually only in the physical sense, never something like this where it looked like it was glitching out. Normally, the guard would have laughed at him for telling an obvious lie, but with both Sora'a and Hajime's numbers being so stupidly high meant he wasn't sure what to believe anymore. Sora just shrugged his shoulders helplessly, then followed up on his previous statement.

Sora: How else do you explain those numbers? If it was real, then me and him would be some kind of monster. Do I look like the kind of person who could blow this whole town away just by lifting my finger?

He spread his arms wide like he was joking, and the guard smiled with him. If the status plate really was telling the truth, then both Sora and Hajime were a monster far more powerful than any hero or demon lord. Even if it was unheard of, it still made more sense for his plate to be broken.

If the soldier-adventurer had known the truth, he would have fainted on the spot. Hajime, Aishia, Yue and Shea watched on in amazement as Sora spun his lies without batting an eyelid.

Guard: Haha, yeah, you certainly don't look anything like a monster. I've never heard of a status plate breaking like this, but I guess there's a first time for everything... Anyway, moving on to you three...

The guard switched his gaze to the two girls standing behind Sora. They'd been partially hidden by Sora's frame before, so he hadn't gotten a good look at them earlier, but he froze when he saw who Sora was traveling with.

A crimson blush slowly spread up his face as he stared at Aishia, Yue and Shea. Yue was, of course, a stunning beauty who resembled a masterfully crafted bisque doll. Aishia on the other hand, was so beautiful that she gave off a divine aura that almost feel like a beautiful Goddess. And Shea was just as alluring, as long as she kept her mouth shut. Basically, the guard were completely smitten.