33: Gabriel

I lay in bed that night, without Cecily beside me. The bed felt utterly cold without her, and I wished once again that she was here with me.

She had decided to do the surgery, and I was very scared. I wanted to save our child, but if it meant risking Cecily's I don't know if it was such a good idea. If anything happened to Cecily tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

She was my only love. She was the one who had comforted me after my fathers death. She was the one who seemed to understand me like no one else did. On the nights where I would blame myself for my father death and breakdown, Cecily had been there to comfort me.

Now I couldn't be with her tomorrow, when she needed me most. Brother Enoch said that no one was allowed in the room with her, when the surgery was happening. The only who felt just as worried as I was, was Will.

Will did not seem to care about a lot of things, but Cecily was one of the things that he did. I would not admit it, but I was grateful when he went and talked to get after I did. I didn't know what else to say to her, because I was feeling a lot of anxiety.

I then fell asleep, and my dream was not pleasant.

I was back in the garden, of the Lightwood manor in London. I looked around and realized that it was the day when I had murdered my father. I stood with Cecily, Will, Jem, and Gideon.

Suddenly a great big worm appeared, and I tried not to throw up at the sight of it. That creature is my father, I thought. The five of us fought my father for about ten minutes, and then came my opportunity. I put an arrow in my bow, and shot it. It landed straight into my father.

As it hit him, the memories of my childhood came back. I saw my mother and father taking Gideon, Tatiana, and I to the park. And I was my father hugging me. I came back to reality, and saw the worm which was my father, died in front of me.

What have I done? I thought to myself and sunk to my knees.

I woke up with a start. I hadn't had that dream in awhile. It was the same every time, me killing my father and regretting it afterward. I shook it off and got dressed, and walked to the hospital.

Cecily had probably just gone into her surgery, right about now. A pang through my body, she has to be okay I thought to myself. When I arrived at the hospital, everyone was already there. Will nodded at me politely as I walked in.

"How long ago did she it start?" I asked him.

"About an hour ago." He said.

I must have slept for longer than I thought. I went back to pacing nervously, as I had the day before. Cecily would be okay, I told myself. She always was. Tessa suddenly then walked up to me, with James in her arms.

"Would you like to hold him?" She asked me.

Probably to distract me, I thought

"Sure." I said and took him from her.

I looked down at him, and his eyes were wide. They were a strange gold color, which was from the warlock blood in him. I smiled faintly, and it dawned on me that I was an uncle. Who would have thought, that I would be an uncle to Will Herondale's son.

The door then opened, and Brother Enoch walked out. We all stared at him awaiting the news.

"The surgery was successful." He said and then he looked at me. "Your child is safe."

I almost fainted at the news. Cecily was okay. I gave James back to Tessa, and I went to go see Cecily. I walked up to her bed, and she was smiling weakly at me.

"Oh thank the angel you're okay." I said relieved as I sat down beside he bed.

"I told you I would be." She said with a smile.

"You saved our child Cecy." I said to her with a smile.

Cecily just smiled. I then leaned in and kissed her, and she kissed me back. She's okay I told myself.

She's okay.