Chapter 24: Nightmare

~•×•~

~•×•~

You start to walk down the path in the woods. Yoongi is running after you with a flower in his hand he had picked from the side. He runs infront of you and halts.

"For you," his gummy smile showing.

You smile from ear to ear and got the flower from him.

"Thank you Yoongi," you giggle.

He pinch your nose gently and caress your face with his hand.

"So beautiful," he mutters under his breath.

You lean in more into his touch and close your eyes. What could you even ask for? Later this evening, your betrothal to Yoongi will be announced in the royal ball that's arranged for this specific reason. What could go wrong?

You'll be married to the love of your life, be the queen in a span of one year and possibly bear children for you, Yoongi and the kingdom.

You hug him and sigh in content.

"I will never get enough of this," you hug him tighter.

Yoongi caresses your hair while hugging you. This is your safe place, your safe haven. Scenarios are already playing in your head, children laughing in the throne room, people celebrating with you in every step of your journey.

"The people will love you as their queen," Yoongi says.

You let go and pinch his cheek.

"As will they with the king," you gently tap his nose.

He scrunchies his nose and goes in to kiss you. Before his lips could even touch yours,

"Your highness, my lady, it's time for your preparations for the ball," a servant has said.

Yoongi was about to still go in for a kiss but you stopped him by his shoulders.

"That can wait your highness," you say and starts to leave.

Yoongi watched your back. He knew, yestereve he heard his father's advisor and him speaking about the betrothal. He thought too that he was betrothed to you but it seems like it all got mixed up. Yoongi was still too young to be crowned and you were at the right age to marry since it was a custom to marry off daughters at a young age. Yoongi's father wanted your riches. Your dowry, courts and inns can afford hundreds of army to beseige more lands for him to conquer.