36: Operation Beifong pt 1

This one was uploaded successfully !!!

" So let me ask you about metal bending. Su tried to teach me, but I couldn't get the hang of it. " Bolin told Toph.

They were all gathered and suited around a stone table. Lin was sitting a little away from the team to keep distance between her and her mother.

Kitiara, on the other hand, was sitting next to Bolin and Opal as Toph was seated with her feet not touching the ground, across her daughter.

Watching that her mother wasn't eating her food, Kitiara, who ended up being anorexic due to her depression, took the chance to stop eating too.

" I used to have an academy to train metal bending. Even blockheads like you can figure it out with the right instruction. " Toph replied with a wave of her chopsticks.

Lin noticed that Kitiara had not touched any of her food and shot her a glare. Understanding the meaning of her mother's gaze, Kitiara hesitantly started eating.

Lin turned to her mother. " Yeah, you're a real sensitive instructor. "

" I did learn how to lava bend. " Bolin added, feeling extreme pride.

" Really ? It's a very rare ability. " Toph was surprised, she smiled. " Maybe you do have some talent. "

Bolin clapped his hands excitedly. " I can't believe... you think I'm talented ? That means so much to me coming from my hero. "

Lin picked at her food. " Yeah, she's real encouraging. "

Toph turned to her direction. " Hey ! I'm blind, not deaf. "

" So here's something I've always been curious about : Who's Lin's dad ? " Bolin asked.

Lin shot him the deadliest and angriest glare of them all. Kitiara gasped realizing that Bolin was asking about her grandpa's identity.

" Oh. He was a guy named Kanto. Nice man, but it didn't really work out between us. " Toph answered.

" And... " Bolin waited for Toph's elaboration which did never come. " Okay. " He said realizing it.

" Lin, I can feel your enraged breathing from here. Just say what you have to say and let's get it over with. " Toph remarked.

" Just get it over with ? Yeah, let's not linger on the fact that I grew up without a dad and my daughter grew up without a grandma. No need to get all touchy-feely about it. Just one of those things, right ? " Lin snapped at the older woman.

" Hey, I forgave you for all your garbage a long time ago and Su and I worked things out. You're the only one who wants to hold on to this family drama nonsense for the rest of your life. " Toph said.

Opal and Bolin were sitting there, awkwardly eating their food and hearing their argument. Kitiara lost her small appetite and placed her cup of noodles, nearly untouched, on the soil.

" Forgave me for what ?! And not knowing my dad is nonsense to you ? It was pretty important to me. And until now, you would never even discuss it. You know, after Su and I patched things up, I thought, ' maybe I should try to reach out to mom. ' But now that we're together again, I remember why we stopped talking. You make me furious and you don't even know why. And when I tell you, you don't care. Once we save Su, you and I are finished. " Lin concluded.

Toph furrowed her eyebrows and sighed. " If that's your decision and it makes you happy, then fine. "

Lin turned to Kitiara to check on her. " If you don't eat at least the half of it, you are not going to do anything tomorrow but to go back to Tenzin. "