Chapter 22

Sidharth puts down his guitar case on the table and plops on the bed to lie down. Rohit and Ryan are playing video games on the Xbox and Rohan is chatting with his new girlfriend.
"Kya khayega? Pizza le. You don't like pizza. Ruk main cook ko bolta hun kuch banadega."
Ryan says.

"Nopes. Bhook nahi hai. Feeling tired."
Rohit screams, "Ryan, tune maar dala mujhe. Tere saath nahi khelna mereko."
Ryan says, "Rohan, is he seriously your brother? Ba ne shayad isse adopt kiya hai."
Rohan smiles and Sidharth sits up.
"Shut up Ryan! Chal ghar chalte hain."
Rohit gets up from the bin bag and walks towards Rohan.
"Aye cry baby! Sit down. Kya chalte hai? We are meeting after a long time aur isse ghar jana hai because he lost."
Rohan just lifts his head and smiles.

Sidharth pulls the phone out of his hand and starts reading aloud.
"My kuchikoo, my bublaboo, my honeypuff. I am missing you like hell. When are we meeting?"
Rohan tries to take it back from him but Ryan takes the phone from him.
"My princess, my sweetheart, my Shona. I am missing you too. I am with my friends. I will talk later.
No, don't stop texting. I am not feeling sleepy. Jab tak neend nahi aati, keep talking to me. Please babu, don't stop texting."
"Ryan, phone wapas kar."
All the three laugh and Ryan gives him his phone back.

"Yup le le. If I read anymore, I will either get diabetes or I will vomit. Too much sweetness."
"Shut up!"
Sidharth puts his arms around Rohan and says, "I get it you like her and you are new in the relationship. But don't you think this is.. little too much. I mean bublaboo?"
"She likes calling me with such names."
"And she expects you to call you back with such funny names. Right?"
"Ya! She likes attention."
"When did you last meet her or talk to her?"
"This evening and I was talking to her before you came."
"And you were chatting with her up until now. Rohan, do you really like her that much?"
"I don't know. She is sweet and caring and pretty. But with time she is getting more..."
"Clingy?"
"Hmm.."

Ryan sits beside him, "Baba Ryan ki baat Maan bache. This girl is not the right one for you. Leave her asap varna gale ki phansi ban jayegi."
"Again, Ryan shut up!"
Rohit giggles, "That should be your.. kya bolte hain takiya kalam. Ryan, shut up! It gives a nice ring to your name."
Ryan throws a pillow at him, "You shut up!"
Rohan looks at Sidharth, "You really think I should break up with her."
"No."
"Kya bey Sid, kya bol raha hai?"

"Ryan, let me complete. Rohan, we are your friends, we can show you what you are missing out on. Parineeti is a sweet girl. If you think you have strong feelings for her then don't listen to us. You have been together only for a few weeks or a month. You decide whether you want to get into a serious relationship with her or not. Because if you find it tough in the coming time, break up will be difficult and nasty. Ultimately it will be your decision."
Rohan nods his head.
"Perhaps I wanted to hear this from you. Honestly I don't think I can continue with her. She is crazy. She wants me to keep texting her or talk over the phone all the time. She does not care if I am in a meeting or family or friends. Usse agar reply karne mein late hua, she starts throwing tantrums. I tried to explain that to her but she started arguing, saying that I never liked her. Usse har din Milna hai. I can't continue like that. I had started feeling claustrophobic. Thanks dude."
"Bolo Siduram Baba ki jai!"
"Ryan, Shut up!"

All four friends sit on the floor drinking.
"Tu bike rakh de, Rohan drop kar dega or take my car with the driver."
Sidharth plays a random tune.
"No yaar! I won't drink. Mann nahi hai."
Ryan stares at him,
"Rohan, Sidharth ka sakal kuch badla hua hai na? He is smiling a lot. What's the scene?"
"I am happy. That's it."
"Good and we want to know the secret."
"It's no secret. Dr.Ganguly gave me the project. It's for a free clinic. Jyada bada nahi hai aur jyada paise bhi nahi milenge. But it will get me free publicity. I might get his hospital project if he likes my work."