HUNTED

Melody's POV

As we were walking back to the Salvatore Boarding house, I suddenly felt Damon pull me into an unexpected hug.

"Whoa baby, I know you love me but this is a bit much" I tease him. He gave

me an odd look but smiled.

"Little Red what day do we have today?" He asks with a teasing smirk. I look at him confused. What day is it? I look at my phone and my eyes widen in realization. It was the 31st of October, my birthday. How can I forget my birthday?

"it's my birthday!" I exclaim, making him chuckle at my reaction.

"Happy Birthday, my little red" he says softly and gives me a sweet kiss on my

lips.

"Very sweet moment you guys, truly, but we have to get her home and you have left me carry her on my own" Stefan says slightly annoyed, making us roll our eyes.

"Thank you, Stefan," I say as we continued to walk "For what?"

"For wishing me happy birthday" I say with a fake sweet smile, earning a glare from Stefan. This guy is getting broodier by the day.

When we got to the boarding house Stefan placed Vicky at a spare bedroom and went to bed since I didn't have my car and Damon wanted me to stay the night.

The next morning, I got ready for work, thank God I leave some clothes here, and went to find Damon since he wasn't there when I woke up.

I open the door and find Damon with a cup of coffee in hand and a huge smile on his face.

"Well, that's not creepy at all" I say in a teasing tone.

"I heard your footsteps, super hearing and all. This is for my birthday girl" He smirks and gives me the coffee.

"You are the best" I say and peck his lips.

"I know" he winks and I roll my eyes playfully

"Where is Stefan and Vicky?" I ask

"In Stefan's room" He answers and mentions me to follow.

"So now we have the babysit the baby vampire?" I say and follow Damon.

"No. Stefan still thinks it was me and wants to train her with animal blood"

"Because that's a great idea" I say sarcastically and he chuckles wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home?" We hear Vicky complain as we walked into the bedroom

"Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone" Stefan says patiently. I kind of feel bad for him. Vicky was very annoying as a human; imagine how infuriating she must be as a vampire.

"There's nothin' about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up" Damon says to Stefan holding the compass we found with the hand that wasn't on me

"What is that?" Vicky asks

"This is a very special, very old compass. What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?" Damon says again not giving her much mind.

"Well, if you're so worried that somebody's onto you, why don't you just leave town, Damon?" Stefan answers smartly and I glare at him. He is really asking for a headache right now,

"We should all be worried" I say sharply.

"Hey, um, I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?" Vicky buts in.