62

"No."

Harry shook his head, as he cautiously chopped up the ingredients for their potion. He was paired up with Draco, who was sitting on his end of the table. Draco had spent the last few minutes (on which they should be finishing up the potion) trying to convince - begging - Harry to help him out in an 'elaborate' plan as he called it.

It was just Draco asking out Alec for the Yule Ball. Harry thought miserably about his own present. His present was sitting on his bedside table, still neatly wrapped. 

"Come on Harry please. Do me a favor? Please?" Draco asked, all while passing the right amount of moonstone. 

He gratefully took the offered moonstone, stirring it into his potions slowly, stirring it 3 times clockwise almost immediately.  The potion needed a lot of attention, and had a lot of specific details to follow. One wrong move and the whole class goes up in smoke. 

Three wrong moves and... let's just say they won't be having potions class for a long time. 

And with Potter and Weasley in the class, something's definitely going to happen.

"Draco, you can do it yourself. Come on, it's not that hard. Just go up to him ask him out." Harry suggested a few minutes later.

Draco rolled his eyes. "As if I have not been trying that for the past few days. Trust me when I say it's impossible to talk to him alone. He keeps on running away, making some sort of excuse whenever I try to talk to him one on one."

Strange... Alec would never do that. He was the type of person to face whatever challenges presented to him, not to cower away and run. So for Harry to hear that, something must definitely be wrong.

The rest of the potions class passed by smoothly, without any accidents luckily. There were a few close calls, for example, Potter nearly pouring more than the right amount of moonstone in the cauldron. 

Or when Thomas stirred the cauldron one too many times.

Harry and Draco made their way out of the room as soon as the class was dismissed. Severus seemed to be in a bad mood, considering the way he scowled at Potter throughout the entire class, so the two decided to escape before they could face his wrath.

The two of them found themselves under a giant oak tree, their backs on the trunk of the tree. The wind was a chill breeze, but not cold enough for them to require a scarf. It was still early December, and Harry had expected for it to be snowing, yet it wasn't.

"Do you think he'll share the same feelings as me?" Draco asked out of nowhere.

It must've been on his mind for a long time if he was suddenly asking it.

Harry thought it over. "Well, honestly I think he does. In fact, if I have to be honest, he probably liked you long before you did."

Draco spluttered, choking on the sip of water he was taking. "Excuse me?? That... that means he liked me... since that summer?"

The raven shrugged. "I don't know. What do you think?" 

They fell silent, allowing the chirps of the flock of birds to fill up the empty silence. 

"There you two are. After you left Potions so fast, I thought you had done something wrong." A familiar voice came from behind them.

Daphne emerged from behind the tree, her blonde hair pulled into a high ponytail. Harry straightened hastily, willing to make a good appearance to the one he adore so much. 

"It's nothing. Didn't you see just how the tense the atmosphere was back then? I'd rather die than to spend another minute in there." Draco scoffed. 

She nodded tersely, sitting herself down on the grass next to Draco and Harry. To say Harry was surprised was an understatement. Daphne Greengrass would never willingly get her robes dirty to something so common and 'unsightly' as sitting on the grass.