Chapter 7

Evelyn's Pov

Waking up as the sunlight hitting my face, standing up and yawn "Eve, let's go to the Market! Carl just sell his 8 fishes this morning" Anne shouted outside. "Anne, I just woke up!" I shouted back, rubbing my eyes.

Then brushing my hair, washing my face and wipes my face but I was suddenly pulled outside. "Come on, there is so much to buy!" Anne said excitedly, I crossed my arms "what are you going to buy anyway?" I asks and she replied "mini clothes for your future baby, oh and we'll get a cow for milking".

I widened my eyes, hitting her arms and she gasped "I did not do it with Thomas!" I said, Anne rubbing her arms and pouting slightly "ow, I was trying to take care of your future bab-" She yelp as I hit her arm again "you woke me up for this, lets get back inside" I said while pulling her back inside the house.

Anne shook her head and then pull me with all her strength, making her drag me to the market "there is no way of us not taking care of your future baby, I cheered up Carl for the 8 fishes for you to buy mini clothing for the baby!" She said while I stumble slightly as she kept dragging me into the market.

"Oh, Carl! Here's Evelyn. Were going into the market wanna come?" Anne asks and Carl think for a moment "well, I want to but I have to catch more fish and sell it for Evelyn to buy toys for her future baby" Carl said, making me glare at him and he stayed silent.

Anne nodded "alright then, you cheer yourself up. Lets go" she said and took my hand, walking with her in the market. "Hm, do you like this color or this one?" She asks while showing me a mini blue and blue, I frowned. "They're the same!" I said and she frown, looking at it again and shaking her head.

We all turned our head as we heard a trumpet sound "A news from the Palace! Listen everyone, The King has died and the servants says that there was someone coming out from his room and we believe that the King had been assassinated by someone and we are going to figure it out, the next line on throne Prince Thomas will be crown as King in the next three days and we invite you all to come for the ball!" He said loudly, making people whisper each other.

"What, The king died? Assassinated by someone" Anne said, I was shock to hear it. I saw Carl running towards us "Evelyn! Anne! The king died!" Carl said with wide eyes "I know, I know he died! Oh gosh I cant believe it" Anne said.

I look at her "oh, i dont believe it" I said, still shook and Anne looked at me "I know right, time flies so fast" She said, I nodded "I hope this next king would be much better than the previous one" I said softly.

Thomas Pov

Servants cleaning and preparing the ballroom for the coming masquerade ball, Im too excited to see Evelyn after this useless signatures to sign. "Master, we finished the ballroom and what else would you put any designs of the curtains?" The servant ask.

I nodded while my eyes on the papers "hm yes, clean the floor again until I see no dirt" I said and he nodded, leaving the room. I later finished and stood up, grabbing my cloak and putting it around me.

Leaving the castle and walking towards Evelyn who was standing on the crowd, I hugged her and she looked surprised to see me "Evelyn, oh how I missed you" I said while smelling the scent of her hair, rose

She then pull away to look at me "Thomas, you surprised me" she said and I chuckle "forgive me, I got so busy and I didnt spend time with you so I'll do something to make you happy" I said and Evelyn raised her brow.

"And that is?" she asks, I smiled and take her hand, walking inside the castle and Evelyn held me tight "Thomas, what are we doing here? Were not supposed to be here" she said, I continue to drag her and opened a door that leads to the Library.

"Are you sure?" I asks and smirk as I saw her gasp, looking around the Library in amazed "T-thomas how-" I chuckled and look down "well you can read whatever you like, I arranged it for you" I replied.

Evelyn looking around, I laugh "close your mouth" I said and she closed her mouth then later turned around and hug me so tight, making my heart beat faster. "Thank you for leading me here" she said and I smiled.

"My pleasure" I said, she then slowly move back and looked into my eyes, I was lost when she slowly lean in to me. I expect her to kiss me when she just kissed my cheek.

She smiled and look around, grabbing one of the books "I'll return this tomorrow, I promise" Evelyn said before leaving the library while I was still frozen and cant think of anything but her kiss on my cheek.

Evelyn is going to be the death of me, I swear I'll never let her go if she try to. Tomorrow I will confess my love for her and when its my coronation day, I'll tell everyone that she is going to be their future queen.

Evelyn's Pov

I was reading the book I grab randomly from the Library, It was good and Anne came infront of me "Where did you get that new book?" She asks. "Oh, well thomas leads me inside the castle to library" I replied.

Anne widened her eyes "what?!" I rub my ears at her sudden shout "He's a knight and he works from the Palace too so he must be a friend of the Prince" I said while caressing the book. She thinks for a moment "oh, and tell Thomas to let the Prince meet me, im sure he's going to be interested in me" Anne said.

I chuckle "alright, I'll ask Thomas to let you meet the Prince but how about your Carl?" I ask and Anne's happy face turned to glare "oh, dont mind that boy" she said. I chuckle nervously and look at the window to see Carl looking at her sadly. Carl liked Anne!

"Anne, maybe you should talk to Carl first and you-" Anne cutted me "no no im fine, i'll clean the floor" she said. I bite my lip and walk outside, looking at Carl "um, you okay?" I asks. Why did I ask that, of course he's not okay.

Carl shook his head "we've been friends for so many years but I cant believe Anne did not love me as much as I do" he said, I widened my eyes. He love her "hey, listen. Its not about how much she loves you, look around. There is someone who loves you too" I said while smiling.

He frown confusedly "who?" . I smiled "I love you, of course! We've been friends the 3 of us and we all love each other" I said and Carl nodded with a smile "Thank you for being here with me" Carl replied with a smile.

I nodded "No problem, Can I give you a hug then?" I asks and he smiled, opening his arms and I hugged him.