two

• Sienna •

Sienna despised that she never saw Matt at school. They'd had so many classes together their freshman and sophomore years, and now she didn't even see him in the hallway. Every once in a while if she was going to the bathroom or something she would run into him, but that was it. They didn't even have the same lunch period this year.

She walked into her English class, her last class of the day, and sat down next to Claire as she always did, pulling out her laptop, which she only used to play games under the guise of doing work.

"How's everything with your lover boy?" Claire whispered, receiving a small slap to her shoulder.

"We're not dating and you know that. Matt's like a brother to me." Her friend didn't seem convinced in the slightest.

"I've seen the way you too look at each other, just give it time." Claire scooted her desk a little further away from Sienna so she couldn't respond without talking louder than she would've liked, so Sienna ignored the comment and opened up a game of sudoku to keep her busy for the next hour.

When the bell finally rang, she grabbed her bag and made her way out the door into the hall with Claire following close behind her. Sienna almost always drove Claire home from school, and today was no different. The two girls piled into Sienna's Corolla and began their way to Claire's house.

~~~

When Sienna finally pulled into her own driveway, she wasn't surprised to find that her parents weren't home, they almost never got home for a couple more hours. She fixed herself a snack and made her way up to her room, enjoying the quiet before her siblings inevitably came home.

Tara was known to barge into her sisters room without knocking and then talk her ears off, while their brother, Kole, would never shut up downstairs.
The two were still in the middle school so they took the bus, leaving Sienna with a single hour to have the house to herself before they ruined the silence.

Her phone lit up on her desk before she even had a second to walk away, she glanced down and saw that it was a text from Nick. She and Nick didn't text much, but when they hung out, they never stopped talking.

Nick: when are u free for a video?

Sienna had always denied the triplets offers to be in their videos, but they kept offering and eventually she had warmed up to the idea of being on camera. She just didn't think they would actually do it so soon. She opted to not respond for a few minutes, just to make sure that she was actually okay with doing a video. She loves that the triplets had found something that they had a passion for, but being on camera like that was terrifying.

Eventually, after probably too many cups of water, Sienna decided that she could do it and she texted Nick back.

Sienna: not busy tonight or tomorrow night
Sienna: not sure past then

It wasn't long before a new message popped up from Nick, just a thumbs up this time. Sienna didn't know if she should be scared of relieved. She decided on scared when her phone pinged again a few minutes later with a new text, this one from Matt, telling her that they would be picking her up later that night.

The front door slammed downstairs and the unmistakable sound of her siblings arguing reached Sienna's ears. She couldn't make out what exactly they were saying, but it was clear that Kole had done something to Tara to annoy her. In pure sibling fashion, she yelled down at them to quiet down and then put her earbuds in to block out as much of their fighting as possible.

While she waited for the noise to quiet down, she decided to begin making the playlist that she had promised Matt. She knew that he wouldn't be too fond of it if she included all her favorite songs, but she had to sprinkle some of them throughout it. She loved the boy to death, but he did not have a very versatile music taste, and it only got worse when they were in the car with Chris.

Her own music played through her earbuds as she added songs, both ones that she had played for him before and ones that she hadn't. It wasn't out of the ordinary for her to try and make him listen to her music, but it was for him to listen to it without a single complaint. The guy had a type when it came to music.

Just as she finished up the playlist, her door swung open and Tara walked in. The thirteen year-old wasn't known for respecting privacy, which is also why Sienna now had a lock on her door. A few too many instances of Tara walking in on her after a shower had led to her parents finally allowing her one, with the promise that none of the boys would step foot in her room, of course. There were very few exceptions to that rule, mostly including Claire.

"You really need to learn how to knock." Sienna didn't look up from her phone as she spoke, but she saw her sister take a seat at her desk out of the corner of her eye.

"I'll think about it." She wouldn't. "Anyway, I need a ride to practice tonight and Mom and Dad are busy."

"Gas money. Five bucks and I'll drive you." Her sister reached a hand in her pocket and handed Sienna a five dollar bill, which Sienna quickly pocketed.

"I can't give you a ride home, but I'll take you there."

"Hanging with your boyfriend?" Tara didn't seem understand that Matt and Sienna were just friends, she asked about him constantly.

"Not my boyfriend. But yes." Tara rolled her eyes, quite clearly not buying that her sister could be content with her friendship with him.

"You don't just have your first kiss with someone then end up as 'friends'."

"That was completely uncalled for and false. We're not talking about this."

It was a widely known fact around school that although Matt and Sienna had never dated or liked each other, they were each other's first kiss. It was a silly game of spin the bottle, in seventh grade, years before they properly met each other. Still, Tara wouldn't let Sienna forget it.

The front door opened again before Tara could reply, and Sienna got up from her bed to make her way downstairs, making sure that her sister followed her. While Tara was known for lacking the ability to knock, she was also quite famous in the family for snooping through her sisters things.

When Sienna and Tara got downstairs, they found their mother sitting on the couch with Kole sitting beside her, probably complaining about his argument with Tara from earlier. A few grocery bags sat in the front room next to a table, so Sienna grabbed a few and brought them back into the kitchen before finally sitting down in the living room with her family.

"I just need a ride home from practice tonight. Sienna's going on a date." Tara spoke before Sienna could cut her off, giving her a glare from across the couch.

"Tara. It's literally all three of them! And Matt is not my boyfriend!" Their mother knew all too well that Tara did it to push her sisters buttons, but it was entertaining watching Sienna stumble over her words whenever her relationship with Matt was mentioned.

When the two finally finished their bickering, their mother shooed Tara upstairs to get changed and made her way into the kitchen to unpack the groceries. Sienna followed her, intending to help unpack everything, but her mother wasn't one to leave things unsaid.