[ 4 ] . lesson one

I didn't cry myself to sleep over a boy who didn't deserve my tears

I didn't cry myself to sleep over a boy who didn't deserve my tears. And when I woke up I made sure to look my best, trying to give myself a confidence boost. I knew I would have to see both of them at school today, but that was okay. They didn't deserve to see me weak.

However when I got to school I was surprised to see Zowie and Zach making out against his locker.

Seriously?! The day after we break up and they're already together? How unbelievable. It was as if our relationship meant nothing to Zach. And even worse, it was as if my relationship with Zowie meant nothing to her. What a backstabbing bitch.

I barley paid them a glance as I walked past them to get to my locker, hearing the whispers of people when they saw me.

They all were the same.

"Zach and Veyda broke up."

"Zach's dating Zowie now. I can't imagine."

"Zach said he broke up with Veyda yesterday."

"I feel bad for Veyda. Zach shouldn't have dumped her for Zowie."

Dumped me? Broke up with me? Absolutely not! I can't believe they actually believed that. I couldn't believe that Zach's dick was so fucking small that he had to go around telling people that he broke up with ME! Absolutely not.

I grabbed my books for my first class, walking in the opposite direction of the seemingly happy couple. Gross.

As I walked down the hallway my eyes met pretty hazel ones, hidden behind bulky glasses and locks of blond hair. I smiled at him, trying to show him that I wasn't just a stuck up cheerleader with loads of money and big boobs. He held my gaze but his expression showed no reaction. Kayden Anderson was more confusing than I thought.

When I got to my classroom I pulled out my phone, texting the number that Kayden had given me. Why did he not smile back? He wasn't backing out of our deal, was he?

I was strangely offended at his lack of emotion toward me.

Hey! 5:00 tonight, right?

I sent the message, anxiously awaiting his reply.

I went through two more class periods until Kayden decided to text me back. Throughout my classes I was anxiously awaiting his text. How come he wasn't interested in me? It was odd. You'd think that if the schools popular girl texted you that you would text back right away, but not him. Was he not attracted to me? Everyone was attracted to me. Did he not want me? Everyone wanted me.

This was frustrating.

I looked down at my phone, pleased at his message, though it was more passive aggressive than it needed to be.

Yes.

So at least I still have my tutor.

...