53 | hidden

I drag my feet along the corridor of my campus, placing my hands on the wall to support myself from collapsing because of the embarrassment I'm feeling

Maya and Ash have stopped running after me, and I pray to God that they will never ever try to go after me.

Please, don't try to catch me, because the only thing I want to do right now is to bury myself under the earth.

There's no way that I'm going back to the cafeteria.

Oh. My. God.

To say that I'm going crazy would be the understatement of the century. People stare at me with weird looks, probably wondering why my face is red like a boiled crab and why the hell I'm walking with such shaky legs.

I think I'm hyperventilating. I need an inhaler.

I don't know why, but I feel an urgent need to escape this building. Before I know it, I'm stepping out of my campus through the back gate. I drag myself further along the pavement and slump against the brick wall. Then I face the wall and hug my knees.

Daddy.

I still remember how speechless my friends looked when I said the word and how Leah giggled as she teased me, "Oh, God, Nevaeh. I didn't expect that you're into kinky nicknames."

Kink-- K-k-kinky?

The conversation that continued after that elaborated on that topic clearly. And I. Was. Lost.

Dumbfounded.

I wish I could have just fainted.

I've called Aiden 'Daddy'. Now that I know its other meaning, the circumstances I imagine are totally different.

Daddy.... I couldn't possibly call him that?

My face feels burning.

Aiden never asked me to call him 'Daddy'. I was the one who enjoyed calling him that. It all started after a man approached me in a restaurant, and I interpreted Aiden's protectiveness as something so...silly?

How could I be so stupid?

Someone, please bury me.

I don't even know if I want to laugh or cry.

Cry, for sure. I feel like crying an ocean. No emoticons can express how I'm feeling right now.

The words I said to Aiden ring in my ears over and over again, and I want to hide forever.

"Daddy."

"Don't worry, Daddy."

"He and I are just friends, Daddy. Nothing more."

"Please, Daddy. Please teach me."

Nooooooooo. I feel like pulling all of my hair out.

I was such an idiot to think of it as a magic word.