chapter sixteen : prom

Tessa walked down the stairs in a short red dress

Tessa walked down the stairs in a short red dress. It was to her knees. She wore her black head as her hair was curled a little. She wore red heels and she had red lipstick on. Tessa had a ruby stone necklace on as well as small diamond earrings. She had a charm bracelet given to her by Lee and Elle.

Logan was next to her, escorting her as he was in a tuxedo. His hair looked nice and he was ready due to being Elle's date. David and Natalie walked closer to their two children. Ethan and Madison looked at their sister and brother, "Holy..." David covered Madison's mouth as Natalie covered Ethan's. Tessa said to her parents as they began to cry, "I know, right?"

Tessa twirled as Logan rolled his eyes and laughed. "Dad, are you...?" Tessa began to ask as she saw her dad begin to cry. "Come here!" Tessa said hugging her dad as Logan hugged their mom. "You have fun tonight. Okay, princess?" David said to his daughter. "You too and treat Elle like a queen tonight." Natalie said. "Understood!" Logan said to his mom. "Okay." Tessa said to her dad.

-

Logan was blew away by Elle's looks. He thought she looked incredibly beautiful. Lee looked nice and Rachel looked pretty as well. The group of five rode in a limo to the prom. Logan escorted Elle into the building as Lee did the same thing with Rachel. Tessa walked next to them. "No way!" Rachel said taking in the sight of the building.

"This is amazing!" Tessa said as they saw people dancing and they looked at the decorations. "It looks awesome!" Elle said. "Look!" Lee said and Tessa saw the picture of her in the boys locker room, only a bra and shorts on as she was covered in paint. Logan laughed at it as did the others. "Oh, come on!" Tessa whined.

"Hey, Yearbook Guy." Lee said and it got him a little nervous, "Yeah?" "These pictures... really good, dude." Logan said. "Kind of makes you a little less annoying." Lee said and the Yearbook guy told them, "Thanks!" The group of five hung out together, dancing their hearts away and laughing as they did it.

The song ended and Vivian came to the stage and spoke, "Hello, Los Angeles Country Day Prom!" Everyone clapped and she continued speaking, "Now, I'd like to introduce this year's theme: Memories." Tessa smiled as she listened to a Vivian's speech.

"Photographs which show images of great moments from a truly fantastic year. The moments that stood out and helped to define who we are as a class. It's a final look back on who we were, at the very moment that we're looking forward to who we want to become." Vivian said. Elle and Lee looked at Tessa and she came back to reality and smiled at the two.

"So, for everyone out there, let's make this prom the very best!" Vivian yelled as everyone cheered and clapped. "Onward to Memory Lane!" Vivian yelled and everyone walked to go check out some photos of the year.

Tessa, Logan, Elle, Lee and Rachel got in and saw photos everywhere. "It's amazing!" Rachel said. "This is freaking sweet!" Logan said. "Who did this? It's beautiful!" Tessa said. "Agreed!" Elle told her. Tessa kept seeing photos of Noah which caused some pain towards her. They saw a funny picture of Lee.

"Oh my god!" Elle said causing them all to laugh as Lee mimicked the face. Soon there was cheers and loud noises heard, "What's that all about?" Tessa asked. "I don't know." Lee said. They saw the booth. Their kissing booth they used for the fundraiser.

"Guys!" Elle said as Logan and Rachel joined the people due to everyone clapping for Tessa, Elle and Lee. "You guys are too much." Lee said. "Thanks! This means a lot!" Tessa said as the three bowed. Lee looked at Rachel and walked up towards the kissing booth and got the mask on.

He pointed towards Rachel and she walked up to him and kissed him. Elle leaned back into Logan's arms as the two watched Lee and Rachel. Logan kissed her temple as Tessa began to narrate, "It was at this exact moment that I finally felt okay. I wasn't thinking about Noah, or Lee, or Elle, or anybody. I was a small part of something that mattered. The kissing booth meant something to people. It was gonna be remembered by everybody. And that made me happy... Until I saw him."

Noah came out from behind The kissing booth. Tessa's face became to look a little upset. Noah asked her "Tess..." Lee looked behind him seeing his brother. Logan watched what his best-friend was doing for his sister. "I think you're next up." Noah told her.

Tessa began to think but only thought of her friendships

Tessa began to think but only thought of her friendships. "I'm sorry, Noah... I can't." Tessa said and began to leave. Logan was shocked at his sister's reaction. Elle, Lee and Rachel watched the two as Noah walked towards her begging Tessa to stop, "No, Tessa, wait, please! Tessa..."

Tessa turned around and asked him, "Why? Why should I?" Noah looked admitted the truth, "Because I love you." Tessa's mouth widened as Lee, Elle and Rachel watched with shock on what was happening. "Did you know about this?" Elle whispered to Logan seeing him react totally different.

"I kinda helped him plan this." Logan whispered back. "And standing here, in front of everyone, I'm telling you that I love you." Noah told her and Tessa felt tears in her eyes as she said, "I'm sorry. I just... I can't keep hurting people that I care about because of you. Okay? There is barley anyone that wants us to be together."

"Well, that may be true. But what do you want?" Noah asked her. "I want..." Tessa stopped talking as she thought for a moment. Noah was hoping that she would want to be with him but she told him, "I want to go." "Tessa." Noah said wanting to follow her but she began to run.

Rachel and Elle ran after her. Noah looked at Lee who began to walk after the girls without looking back at his brother. Logan patted his shoulder, "She needs time. Tessa just always thinks of others before herself." Logan said to his best-friend before Noah nodded. Logan smiled at him and left to go find Elle.

"Hey, Tessa! Wait up!" Rachel yelled. "Tessa! Stop!" Elle said and Tessa just wouldn't stop. Tessa practically ran home. When she got to her room, she saw a box on her bed. Tessa must of know her parents were asleep like her younger siblings were as well.

Tessa opened the box and saw it was a present from her deceased Aunt Joni, Elle's mom. A baby picture of Joni holding Tessa. "Happy Birthday! I'll always be with you, Tessie! Love, Aunt Joni." Tessa smiled as she held the picture and held it to her heart.

-

Lee was back at his house, laying down on his bed. Noah walked in and said, "Hey." "Hey." Lee said. "Listen. I just came to say I'm sorry about what happened on the lawn the other day. And for everything with Tessa." Noah said. Lee sat up and listened.

"I never should have been lying to you. But I wanted you to know that... I was never playing Tessa. I could never do that to her. And I meant everything that I said to her tonight." Noah said and Lee looked down. "And not that you care, but I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow. I figured I'd try to get settled in before the fall term. You know?" Noah said and Lee nodded.

"All right. Well, I'll see you around, eh? Oh, and... Happy birthday, man." Noah said to him and left his room leaving Lee a bit shocked at what Noah had just said to him...