chapter 19- We Will Come Out Of This Alive

Ra’s Al Ghul’s POV

I walked through the dark tunnels dressed in my armour, I knew what my men would be facing, hysterical gun wielding public, and worst of all the police who had there patron saint Batman on their side. I flung open two huge black iron doors to reveal my armoury, my men stood there with scimitar tight in their grasp; they were ready to ruin Gotham. I walked towards my own armoury cabinet and opened the doors to welcome the view of my own black scimitar, I pulled it out and examined it, so many years it had been since I had used this blade, I grasped the red velvet handle tightly and reached into my armoury to grasp my bladed cuff which a slipped over my wrist and buckled the leather. I looked to my men, all their eyes filled with determination. I smirked as I looked down at my glinting scimitar, “my men this will be the fight of your lives.” They cheered as I walked out of the black iron doors and through the tunnels to reach Gotham city. My men faded into the blackness of the decaying city, “Darius go into Black gate prison, and we need Gotham to fall tonight.” Darius’ eyes grew darkened as he nodded to his task. I slipped my blade into my scabbard at my waist and walked through Gotham. I knew Batman would find me soon; I chuckled deeply, as Gotham was going to lose the only hero it deserved.

Ashleigh’s POV

I jolted up from under the thick covers which surrounded me, I could hear sirens. Which was common in Gotham, but there wasn’t just police car sirens, there was fire engine sirens and ambulance sirens, something was wrong. I looked down at the now wide awake Scarecrow; he was silent as he moved from the bed. His wound dressings were thick with dark blood. I leapt off the bed and followed the Scarecrow to the large window which showed the bright red burning, of Gotham City. I gasped; it looked like the city had been set on fire. I the Scarecrow looked over his shoulder and looked down at me with a raised eye brow, “what should we do Ashleigh?” he asked, I looked from his dark eyes glinting red, to look at the burning city before us, “we need to help.” His whole torso turned towards me, his eyes dark and deadly, “and why should we do this?” he stood looming over me, and breathed in heavily, “because I’ve lived here, and I’ve died here.” His lips twisted into a smirk, “we can’t do it alone.” I nodded, and gulped hard. The Scarecrow ran to his wardrobe and pulled out his Hessian Scarecrow suit, a crushed black leather trench coat, a black dress shirt, a brown leather fedora and his signature piece, his mask. He looked to me and smiled, he ducked back into his wardrobe and pulled out a brown paper wrapped bundle, “I hoped to give you this sooner.” He threw it to me; I grasped it and tore off the tightly wrapped bundle, and out came a crushed leather biker jacket, a pair of circular black glasses, blood red jeans, a pair of bladed over the knee boots and a black corset. I looked up to fine the Scarecrow gone, but I could still hear the constant groaning of his decrepit house. He was still here. I pulled off his black shirt, and threw it onto the bed. I removed the brown paper fully from the clothing, the slipped the boned material of the corset around my body, which exaggerated very curve I owned, I slid the blood red jeans over my legs, which were quickly joined by the rough leather boots, which circled and grasped my calf. I shrugged the crushed leather jacket onto my bare shoulders and finally, I placed the circular almost purple tint glasses on the bridge of my nose. I walked out of the room to hear the voice of The Scarecrow quickly persuading his allies to join the fight in saving our Gotham city.

I walked down the rough and rugged stairs to hear the welcoming groans of pain, as my bladed boots stabbed the wood, the scarecrow dressed in his darkest. I smirked and looked over my black glasses, “who’s joining us?” his torn lips tugged upwards with a twitch, “so far the joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, poison ivy, Two Face, and killer Croc.” I looked out of the down stairs window to see the harrowing orange blaze, “we need more people than that.” He nodded; he looked at me intensely, his dark eyes still reflecting the burning embers of Gotham City. He took one graceful step and pressed his lips against mine; I smiled against his lips and sighed. He soon pulled away we needed to save the only place we had to call home, he grasped his scythe as we began to advance into the burning and falling Gotham City. The boots crunched against the gravel and upturned tarmac, I looked into the shadows. I knew things hid in there, and I knew the things hiding in the shadows right now, wanted me. Suddenly the shadows moved and shifted revealing everything I presumed, Ra’s Al Ghul’s men; the Scarecrow unhooked his scythe and slowly slid it into his grasp. Blades glinted red before us, suddenly one stood out in front of me and The Scarecrow, causing the Scarecrow to bar my path with his own body. Soon the black body in front of us spoke, “Ra’s Al Ghul brought you back to life so he could give you a better life, not to go back to the man who let you die.” Suddenly white gleaming teeth were revealed in a smirk. I growled deeply, I was going to let Scarecrow stand here willing to risk his life because his man stood there and challenged him. I took a step back away from the Scarecrow’s protective arm. It’s my turn now.