♣️30.

FLASHBACK
4 YEARS AGO

Karan looked  shocked as a picture popped up in his whatsapp. He looked at the unknown no. trying to guess who it was . He clenched his fist as a few more pictures loaded , All of them insuating she had an affair with her opposition lawyer . He knew the guy , He had seen him once in teja's office . He was leaving when he arrived.

Not that he didn't trust Teja, But the pictures really did something to him . It looked too true to be morphed . They really looked close. He wanted to trust her but how could he ? He didn't even know if the guy was a friend or not . She had never shared anything about her life then how was he supposed to trust her.

The way she had kept herself emotionally away from himself , he sometimes thought if she was even serious about this relationship or not.

Talking about a few instances in past , She never told who was the boy in the picture with her , she even kept her parents' picture away the day he saw one of them just because  she didn't have to explain. He didn't know what to do. Should he let it go oe confront her ? But what if he confronts her snd she leaves him ? No. He wouldn't be able to stay without her.

***

" Karan, I have been trying to talk to you since morning. You are behaving weird. Can you just tell me what happened ? " She asked frustratedly

".Hmmm .... I just had something on my mind . He muttered avoiding her eyes.

" Tell me what it is "

" It's nothing "

" Karan " her voice was stern and he sighed  

" Teja , Pleas - "

"Karan , this is not how it works , you need to tell me - "

" Then tell me how does it works . tell me , Does it work like you do , Keeping secrets with your partners huh ? "

" What ? " She asked confused
He had gotten up now. She looked at him bewildered .

" What are you talking about ? "

" I am tired Teja , I really am "

" You are tired ...... as in ? ..... this ? ... Us ? "

" I need some time "

" Why do you always avoid talking and prefer alone time instead . Just tell me what's bothering you ? We'll talk it out " She tried to convince him

" Talk it out , With you ? " He chuckled harshly " It's never possible with you teja . Because all you do everytime is avoid the topic and divert it , So what's the point of talking ?" He spat and she gulped. Never had she ever seen this side of his. He had been understanding about her past issues and sensitivity to a few topics . During the beginning of their relationship she had given him a heads up that it will be difficult for her to open up since that's how she has been throughout. Keeping pain and problems to herself since there was none to listen to her .

" Just answer me . Is he a friend ? " He asked impatiently and she frowned.

" What ? "