Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Seto Kaiba attends the class

On Thursday, Horo Tokio sighed as he viewed his current status. From being a level one for 5 years, he has finally raised his level to level 5. It was satisfying to see that he wasn't a pitiful level 1 anymore.

[ Status

Name: Horo Tokio (Jikan Yugame)
Category: Hidden Boss
Level: 5
Charm: 55
Luck: 85
Endurance: 44
Stamina: 4/4

Ability

• Psychic Duelist (SR)     ]

All of it was thanks to the duel that he have done with other people for the past few days. As a result of battling those people, Tokio gained levels and with every level up he was given attribute points that we're able to increase his endurance stats.

Now, once a day, Tokio would be able to duel or challenge people four times.

[ Mission Panel:

Main Quest:

• Steps of a beginner Duelist

Description:

How can you call yourself a hidden boss when you haven't owned a deck?

° Own at least 40+ cards 1/1

Additional Requirement:

° Win against ten people consecutively in Duel Monsters the 1st week it arrived in this country 1/1

Reward:

° Random UR Card from DM to VRAINS Era
° 2500 Duel Points ]

Other than leveling up, Tokio finally completed the main quest of having a deck and winning a battle continuously 10 times from different people.

His first battle was against his cousin Minori which he won and ended up being scolded as a black-hearted and a shameless man.

The 2nd was Minoru, in which Tokio also have use the strategy of set defense position stalling, and drawing spell cards to damage the life points of the opponent.

After battling his two cousins, Tokio decided to lurk in the game shops amd challenge people who play duel monsters. And all of those opponents that Tokio has challenged happened to be kids.

After winning all of the battles by challenging those kids, Tokio was sent gazes of disdain and ridicule for bullying (winning the game) the children. He also gained a bad reputation because of that. It wasn't Tokio's proudest moment but he hasn't done anything wrong aside from challenging them and winning the game.

It wasn't his fault that the mission has a time limitation requirement. He can't afford to choose any opponent and would just challenge anyone available and accept the duel. Quantity over quality. At this period, all of the currently available consumers of the duel monsters are kids. It wasn't still gained a very famous reputation in this country since it has just been recently released.

Still, Tokio can't understand the attitude of those people in the game shops. After losing the battles, Tokio would give those kids sweets and candies. During the duel, he was very kind to them and wouldn't mock or badmouth them. He can't understand why they are giving him disdainful looks. He even has the attitude of a kind and doting older brother towards those kids. He would even hand those children toys or handkerchiefs when some of them ended up crying.

“ Child Crusher ”

Tokio can't help but be annoyed when those people from those game shops started calling him by that title. He dislikes that reputation. It makes him sound like a very bad and cruel child abuser which he isn't. Tokio doesn't have any bad intentions towards those kids. He just wanted to challenge them into a duel and play cards with them. But in the end, Tokio ended up being banned in those game shops where he challenged those kids.

“ I don't care how much you pay or buy in my shop, never come again! "

" Ahh, I don't want you in my shop! Ahh, I would be in trouble with those kids' parents! "

" No kid comes in my shop anymore, it's your fault! Get out!! "

How hateful...

It was just a card game.. with no risk or shadow duels, how come their reactions are so exaggerated?

‘Well. Anime Logic. I guess? ’

Thankfully, the mission is finished now and Tokio finally gained his 2500 points which made his total points 5,000. He wouldn't go back to those game shops anymore. He can just buy in those game shops where he has no bad reputation like the Kame Game. Other than the point reward he gained a 1 UR rarity card.

[ Lightning Storm- Spell Card

If you control no face-up cards: Activate 1 of these effects;
●Destroy all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.
●Destroy all Spells and Traps your opponent controls. You can only activate 1 Lightning Storm per turn. ]

Tokio was satisfied with what he have gotten from the system as a reward for the main quest. The Lightning Storm can be used in a variety of situations. He was thankful that the card he gained would be frequently used a lot in the future and it wasn't any synchro, XYZ, pendulum, or link monsters. If he have gotten those, that card would surely just stay inside the storage.

Tokio wouldn't dare to bring it out in the currently incompatible era. He doesn't want to be accused of using or printing fake cards.

After viewing his status, Tokio left his room and prepare for attending another day at Domino High School. While starting to get on playing cards again after a long time, Tokio would still play another game with his club members and fulfill the reasonable request that was given to them.

Horo Tokio also finally learned a lesson from the last time. He didn't dare to be lazy anymore when there was a request that needed to be done. Tokio doesn't want to experience Risa's painful punch again.

Just thinking about the punch makes him feel sick.

Tokio thought that it would be just a normal day for him. Go to the class, spend the day with his club members, go home and play duel monsters. But it seems that it wasn't destined to be a normal day.

When he arrived in their classroom, Tokio saw Kokurano wearing a sullen expression on his face which was unusual. It was like he was taught a lesson by Yami but it still didn't happen. The only thing that could cause that expression on his face was probably the girls in their classroom talking about Kaiba Seto..

Wait!—

Tokio left his seat under the surprised expression of his classmates. He was wearing an expression that looks like he was facing his death.

It's no good.

He shouldn't attend today's classes.

" Tokio, where are you going? "

Risa, who was Tokio's classmate and club member was confused by their actions. Today, Tokio arrived in their classroom and was just spending his time for a while looking at his duel monster cards and shuffling them. But now, he was going out and heading towards one of the doors.

" Going home. "

" What? "

Risa stared at Tokio who doesn't have a comfortable expression on his face.

" Are you feeling unwell again? "

Tokio shook his head.

" Then why are you going home? Are you going lazy again? "

" No! I'm not! I just don't fucking want to see Kaiba today! "

After that, Tokio left the classroom. And true to his words, he has indeed decided to go home.

Risa was left feeling confused as she later discussed the topic with her fellow club members.

She doesn't understand why did Tokio look so scared about the rich but very nice Kaiba Seto from class 1-B.

Their club president is a strange and lazy guy.

Risa swore to herself that she would get to the bottom of this situation.