Chapter 55

So, drama at school. I'm sorry for taking down the story for such a long time, but I really needed to be sure that no one could use this cheesy-writing-bad-romantic-stories against me. I've been bullied before. I didn't need to be again.

But I'm back. Kinda. Sort of. I guess. I really hope you enjoy this chapter, and sorry a thousand times for not updating before.

***

I'd just been sitting on the bed for over an hour when a soft knock made me turn my head. "Love, the train is stopping soon. Do you still wanna get something to eat? It's alright if you don't. I do think that you should get out and stretch your legs though, even if it's just a short walk... I can keep my distance if you'd like. You're not gonna be walking alone though. I don't have the nerves for that." he let out a forced laugh.

I got off the bed and opened the door. He stood silently, carefully glossing his eyes over my face. "Allen, why do you keep things from me? Important things."

He sighed. "I just... don't want you to worry. I want you to be happy. You shouldn't stress about anything, because none of it is your responsibility."

"Isn't it? I'm your mate, aren't I? Isn't it my whole job to support you? Oh yeah, and birth your children too, I guess."

He slowly reached for my hand. I didn't pull away. I felt the tension release from my shoulder as soon as his skin touched mine. This mark juice, or whatever, is really something. "Well, yes, you're just so young, and things have been... not ideal, to say the least. I don't want to overload you with things that -and I say this with all due respect, my love- you'll only worry about without being able to help with."

"That's very sweet, Allen. But please include me when someone is out to kill us because of a favour you did for my family. Okay?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, resting the side of my head against his chest. The steady thud-thud-thud of his heart was so soothing.

"I'll try to be better at it. Does this mean we're not fighting anymore?"

I nodded against his chest. "Yeah. But seriously, tell me things. I'd rather be worried than uninformed." I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

He smiled, so softly, his eyes warming. "I love you most."

The train stopped, and we got off. Allen wrapped his hand around mine securely, with no indication that he was planning to ever let me go. "Come on, let's find somewhere to eat. What're you in the mood for?" we strolled away from the train station, hand in hand. I shifted my weight and leaned my shoulder against him as we walked.

"McDonald's."

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Come on, Love. Don't make us eat that trash. We can find some other burger place-"

I shook my head. "McDonald's or I'm going back to the train." I did my best to wipe the smile off my face and put on an all serious expression, but it was difficult when Allen's hand was just so warm and he was so sweet and god how I loved him even though he could be a ding-dong sometimes.

With a defeated laugh, he said "You're impossible."

"And you love me all the more for it." I smiled sweetly and widely, and he nudged me away from his shoulder, earning a pout from me.

The walk to the closest McDonald's wasn't very long, as it turned out when Allen looked it up on Google Maps. Just 7 minutes, crossing only one road. We walked in, getting hit in the face with the wonderful scent of way too much frying oil, a dirty kids' play area, and the sound of Boomers complaining because the staff hadn't mind-read that they didn't want pickles in their burgers. We made our way to the automatic ordering screens. Allen gestured with me to order first, and I happily obliged. I chose some nuggets with fries, hoping, no, knowing it would sate my desperate need for something greasy and gross.